General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Jan-12 00:25:46
Print Post

Plusnet?

[link to this post]

Used to be with them before bt bought them,
And currently have fibre with aquiss,
Plusnet are a lot cheaper though.
What do people think of pn support? Does it resemble bt? Or is it good like it was when I used to be with them?
Thanks
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 25-Jan-12 15:52:52
Print Post

Re: Plusnet?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I think it depends who you get. The people populating their online forums are good, and I got good service out of their house-move team.

If you have a complex problem, where continuity of the support agent is important, then they can be a little hit-&-miss. Getting on the forum (and approaching the problem with an open, willing mind) is the best approach.

Problems do happen, including with fibre. My experience, and what I have read on the forum, is that a lot is caused by "their suppliers" (or their suppliers' systems) - generally a euphemism for either BT Wholesale or BT Openreach. Understanding this, and having a little patience while they attempt to bring "their suppliers" into line, seems to be key to getting reasonable service.

Of course, not every agent is a "superman", so things do go wrong there too. Again, feedback on the forum seems to result in the information being taken on board, and passed on internally.
Standard User DRW
(committed) Wed 25-Jan-12 18:34:22
Print Post

Recently I have good support from PN support team - getting a quick upgrade to ADSL2+ and answering a query about getting on to FTTC when it arrives.

The winning item with PN is their ticket system for tracking conversations and problem sorting.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 25-Jan-12 21:24:08
Print Post

[re: DRW] [link to this post]

Great thanks!
Ones anyone know if u can post on pn forums without been a customer?
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 25-Jan-12 22:18:56
Print Post

Don't think so.

But they do let you keep the account on there after you cease being a customer.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-Jan-12 23:20:24
Print Post

There is a forum for Plusnet on this site as well. You can read it as an Anon. If you register here you can post there as well. Posting is also a lot easier, no Captcha, and a lot fewer adverts. You can alter the way the site works quite a bit.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Thu 26-Jan-12 10:55:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Good point.

The same team from Plusnet who take part in their own community forums also look in on the Plusnet forum on here too.
  Print Thread

Jump to