General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User towdgeezer
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-12 17:13:17
Print Post

SLRN Cabinet 8

[link to this post]

I'm located about 3 km as the crow flies from the Ranmoor exchange. The April 2011 BT database showed me connected via PCP SLRN 8 which is located less than 1 km from the exchange. This cabinet serves it's local area and then a ribbon along the main road as well as almost all our 1960's built estate. I guess this rules out FTTC.
I've now realised looking at the Dec 2012 BT database that the PCP 8 cabinet has disappeared entirely from the listing. When I enquired of Digital Region, I was told that their database indicated a direct exchange line.
Does anyone know what is indicated when a PCP disappears from the database but is still there physically ?
Towdgeezer
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-Jan-12 17:30:20
Print Post

Re: SLRN Cabinet 8

[re: towdgeezer] [link to this post]

Post code please?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User towdgeezer
(newbie) Thu 26-Jan-12 17:43:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

S10 4JE
Towdgeezer

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 26-Jan-12 20:54:45
Print Post

Bad news and bad news frown.

The December one is in two halves. Either you were looking in Part 1, or you were looking in Part 2 and didn't realise that you now have to remove the space.

Two entries totalling 86% of the postcode's lines are exchange only. One entry is cab 8, serving 8%, but it isn't scheduled.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User towdgeezer
(newbie) Fri 27-Jan-12 11:50:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.
Still not sure how to locate the correct bit of the database, but it doesn't matter anyway.
The direct exchange line perhaps explains why I get a ADSL2+ sync of 8 Mb/s on a line that must be at least 3.5 km long.
It's fast enough for my needs at present and many would give their eye teeth for such speeds I know.
It would have been nice to know that faster speeds were available.
Towdgeezer
Standard User ccxo
(member) Fri 27-Jan-12 19:40:37
Print Post

In Cornwall there is a unamed plan by BT for those with Exchange only lines, have to wait and see what it is, people have also said its possible to put a cabinet outside the exchange and feed the Exchange only lines to it, but thats just a possiblity which we dont know will happen.

Is a case of waiting and seeing what BT decide to do for those with Exchange only lines.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to