General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bbincupar
(member) Sat 28-Jan-12 12:20:36
Print Post

Any evidence of cabinet in-fill?

[link to this post]

I'm in the rather unfortunate position of being on one of the very first exchanges to get the FTTC upgrade (Dean in Edinburgh) how ever many aeons ago that was, but my cabinet has been totally passed by in the roll-out.

It was referenced in the April cabinet document but seems to have fallen off the latest one.

So I was wondering if there is any evidence that Openreach are actively going back and installing new cabinets that were previously overlooked?

be* Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Jan-12 12:23:38
Print Post

Re: Any evidence of cabinet in-fill?

[re: bbincupar] [link to this post]

I think we have seen one or two posters mention a new cabinet appearing months after all the others were done.

BT might simply wait for the urban broadband funding before doing infill in the capital cities now though.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DougM
(member) Sat 28-Jan-12 15:36:31
Print Post

BT revisited Basingstoke (pre-phase 1) during phase 5a to add 20 additional cabinets. These were shown on the ISP-only cabinet spreadsheet, but not on the exchange-level rollout plans.

-==-
DougM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MaxNRG
(regular) Sun 29-Jan-12 10:33:35
Print Post

I'm in a similar situation to you on a London exchange. Did the original mention of your cab have a deployed status of Yes or No? Mine has been a No on both Apr'11 and Dec'11 spreadsheets. I am try to work out if I can call or email anyone who can tell me if such bypassed cabs are months or years away from a deployment?

Thomson TG582n + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on BE Home 24Mb
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User bbincupar
(member) Sun 29-Jan-12 10:57:47
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

The April '11 spreadsheet listed the deployed status as No, but all mentions of my cabinet and postcode are suspiciously absent from the Dec '11 spreadsheet.

be* Unlimited
Standard User MaxNRG
(regular) Mon 30-Jan-12 18:43:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by bbincupar:
The April '11 spreadsheet listed the deployed status as No, but all mentions of my cabinet and postcode are suspiciously absent from the Dec '11 spreadsheet.

Doesn't sound too promising, I feel your frustration frown

TG582n + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on BE Home 24Mb
My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to