General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Moradin
(regular) Thu 02-Feb-12 21:34:51
Print Post

FVA for FTTP

[link to this post]

Looks like Openreach will be offering a dedicated voice option on FTTP connections.

The purpose of this brief is to announce the launch and price for Fibre Voice Access Fibre to the Premises.

The Fibre Voice Access Fibre to the Premises (FVA-FTTP) product offers a dedicated path to an Analogue Terminal Adaptor for the delivery of Communications Providers' voice services.

Openreach is pleased to confirm that it will be priced at a rental of £183.48pa when bought as a stand-alone service. The connection price for this product will be £80 which is consistent with other Fibre to the Premises product options.

The product is subject to the same contract and service terms available for all product options in the Fibre to the Premises portfolio. This product option is not available over Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) infrastructure.

FVA-FTTP will be available at a special offer rental price of £103.68pa when bought as a standalone service at an existing Fibre to the Premises Optical Network Termination (ONT) device. This offer will continue until 28 February 2014.

Furthermore, an introductory Early Market Deployment offer will apply for four months, from 1 March 2012 until 30 June 2012, where FVA-FTTP will be provided free-of-charge, with no connection or rental charges applying.

Openreach is also pleased to confirm pricing for a new call divert capability, known as Call Divert for Voice Continuity, to be used during migration from Wholesale Line Rental (WLR) to FVA-based voice services. Use of this capability will be charged at £10 per transaction, reduced to £7.50 when in conjunction with a FVA-FTTP connection.

Full details, including prices when purchased with a related Generic Ethernet Access Fibre to the Premises (GEA-FTTP) product, can be viewed in Access Charge Change Notice ACCN OR267, which can be found via the following link:-

So i presume this is voice over IP

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 21:40:25
Print Post

Re: FVA for FTTP

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Handed over to a SIP gateway, but with PSTN quality on the openreach fibre segment, what your calls provider does is uo to them - price at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/i/5013.html

Not quiet as bad when bundled with BB

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Moradin
(regular) Thu 02-Feb-12 21:49:38
Print Post

Re: FVA for FTTP

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ahh didn't see that on the news page Andrew.. will teach me to check that more often.

just happened to see it on the openreach site.

ultimately, i can see the old system going the way of the DoDo.. smile

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to