General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BazovCarlisle
(newbie) Fri 29-Jun-12 00:23:28
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Carlisle begins its rollout

[re: OpTicWally] [link to this post]

Spoke to the engineer that was working on the new cab and i found out that the cab i am connected to has not got a new cab beside it frown so why they roll it out to a Cabinet that is near where i live but is not the one that most of the estate is connected to baffles me cab 52 is s**t lol
Standard User OpTicWally
(newbie) Mon 02-Jul-12 16:15:18
Print Post

[re: BazovCarlisle] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BazovCarlisle:
Spoke to the engineer that was working on the new cab and i found out that the cab i am connected to has not got a new cab beside it frown so why they roll it out to a Cabinet that is near where i live but is not the one that most of the estate is connected to baffles me cab 52 is s**t lol

Yea, it's weird how they've worked it.
Talked to the guy working on the one down the road from me, he said it should be ready in 4 - 5 week because it's nearly done!
Standard User omnius
(learned) Mon 02-Jul-12 17:27:07
Print Post

are they still installing cabs?

I havnt seen any work anywhere and yet theres at least 2 pcp's that should be getting done but theres been no work yet

---------------------------

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Yep i really am THAT thick!

Smallworld Cable ..... 5Meg then upped to 20Meg
O2 ADSL2+ .... 13.6Meg (ish)
Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OpTicWally
(newbie) Wed 04-Jul-12 21:42:51
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by omnius:
are they still installing cabs?

I havnt seen any work anywhere and yet theres at least 2 pcp's that should be getting done but theres been no work yet

I'm not to sure, you'd think so but it seems most new cabs are near completion, so maybe not. Are you sure they're getting upgraded? Only certain parts of Carlisle seem to be getting it.
Standard User omnius
(learned) Thu 05-Jul-12 14:41:44
Print Post

Yep both are listed to the best of my knowlage.

also my fiber cab was completed and it was makeing the faint fan noise others have reported, on sunday there was a smaller bt van (think car sized one) at the cab and now its totaly silent........ problems maby or do you think theve turned it off now the dates been pushed back till sept

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 05-Jul-12 14:55:00
Print Post

Yep up here by garlands there are cabs that haven't been done yet and according to TalkTalk and the leaked database they are to be done. It's quite a big housing estate up here too so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that openreach are still going to do them....

In case anyone has anymore info postcode is CA1 3GX

Cheers
Standard User mrmicp
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:07:51
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Anybody any idea if this is anything to do with BT http://i49.tinypic.com/23m3c5u.jpg
Standard User omnius
(learned) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:13:22
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Yep up here by garlands there are cabs that haven't been done yet and according to TalkTalk and the leaked database they are to be done. It's quite a big housing estate up here too so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that openreach are still going to do them....

In case anyone has anymore info postcode is CA1 3GX

Cheers

Its not openreach but a company called telnet (or something like that) thay also did the upgrades of the road traffic lights in carlisle not that long ago when they converted them to those low power ones

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:16:11
Print Post

[re: mrmicp] [link to this post]

Believe its a BT TPON caninet
Standard User mrmicp
(newbie) Thu 05-Jul-12 15:28:23
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Hmmmm i'm apparently connected to P151 but can't find it anywhere and this is sat on the corner of my street could I be connected to this and if so would it need a new cab for fttc?

I can find the cab P150 which freinds round the corner are connected to (which also is apparently due for fttc but hasn't been upgraded yet) but not P151....strange....

TalkTalk seem to think I will get fiber on 28th July but then again a few weeks ago they said 28th June. I think they don't really know themselves.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to