General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User omnius
(learned) Fri 27-Jul-12 15:31:50
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Carlisle begins its rollout

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Dont think smallworld have any more interest in carlisle, in fact it wouldnt surprise me if they dont either sell up or pull out of carlisle altogether in a few more years.

As another poster once commented, they wouldnt even extend a duct a few meters so that a company could keep its connection when they moved to bigger premises.

---------------------------

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Yep i really am THAT thick!

Smallworld Cable ..... 5Meg then upped to 20Meg
O2 ADSL2+ .... 13.6Meg (ish)
Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 27-Jul-12 17:43:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
CA3 P25 outside the redfern (etterby scaur) looks good to go. The old cab is still there with a shiney new one about 5m away. That will help my current 3Mb ([censored] aluminium cable) ADSL. Again, a newish house with no smallworld, I even pestered them when they were doing the gas pipe changeovers - they were digging up all the streets near us with plenty of warning and passed smallworlds cabinets. damn them.

Is the P25 making a nice humming noise yet? I walked past it earlier on in the week but heard nothing. If i thinking of where you live at, I am on the same estate, and I am fed up of getting the smallworld leaflets through the door. Who are you currently with for getting 3Mb speeds, I am with sky and my sync speed is 8Mb, which was the same speed when I was with O2
Standard User gazter
(regular) Sat 28-Jul-12 10:32:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Carlisle city canceled the fiber roll out due to it being too modern LOL

Dont be stupid, carlisle city council have nothing to do with it. They are the planning authority, so those sitting of cabinets that need permission come on their radar.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User omnius
(learned) Sat 28-Jul-12 20:58:00
Print Post

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

I think its more likely that most of the people working on it have been sent to the flooded area's to make repairs

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg
Standard User BazovCarlisle
(newbie) Mon 30-Jul-12 19:38:07
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

See where i live if we dont get a FTTC we will be as slow as the dark ages, we got let down when the cable company went bust we got nowt. 3G speeds are ridiculous and i really doubt that we will be enrolled in the first phase of the FTTC rollout. If you are connecting a city to something new why not offer it to the full of the city instead of parts [censored] me off
Standard User omnius
(learned) Mon 30-Jul-12 20:08:35
Print Post

[re: BazovCarlisle] [link to this post]

Theres still a good chance you will have yours done at a later date as BT do seem to be going back to towns/citys theve already done and are putting more in. Mind you they still havnt completed the rollout here in carlisle as they still seem to be laying the tubeing they use for the fiber (drove past one of the big lorrys with a masive roll of tubeing being installed into a manhole cover at the top of the hill on moorhouse road, and a smaller van installing stuff into a cab on orton road).

I suspect tho even bt might be thinking that we do so much at our own risk then see what the takeup of 4G is then maby put a cab in the high takeup areas (this is a company that put there fttc in cabled areas with faster speeds available)

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg

Edited by omnius (Mon 30-Jul-12 20:10:07)

Standard User gazter
(regular) Tue 31-Jul-12 00:43:53
Print Post

They are having huge issues caused by the Sainsburys development. An engineer told me they have teams doing nightshifts trying to get it all up. The problem seems to be getting the actual fibre down past caldewgate.
Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 31-Jul-12 15:27:04
Print Post

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

shame no-one thought to put some new trunking in when they had the whole section dug up, mind you watching them install a new cab next to mcvities dispatch and transferring all the connections from the old one next to the pub to that new cab was fascinating.

So do you know if the exchange itself is ready yet? i know its a bit mean but if it is they could enable the cabs that are ready that don't use that section of the city for routeing

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Tue 31-Jul-12 16:57:37
Print Post

The OpenReach "Superfast broadband when and where" has it as "coming soon".

When the exchange is enabled they dont activate all the CABs - it is a phased rollout amongst the CABs so there is still some waiting. All the CABs do not have to be connected for the exchange to accept orders.

My exchange is also "coming soon" but I ordered BT Infinity 2 yesterday - the BT ADSL Checker said it was available!

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity, install date Friday 10th August!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 01-Aug-12 08:36:53
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Are you based in Carlisle? If so where abouts?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to