General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 02-Aug-12 13:56:16
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Carlisle begins its rollout

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

Do we know if there is any cabs still waiting to be installed?
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Thu 02-Aug-12 14:10:58
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Are you based in Carlisle? If so where abouts?

No - Ashington, Northumberland.

I thought it was in my signature but had a look and it isnt blush

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity, install date Friday 10th August!
Standard User omnius
(regular) Thu 02-Aug-12 19:38:39
Print Post

Do we know if there is any cabs still waiting to be installed?

Two that i know of unless theve fitted the underground system. Altho i think thats FttP

---------------------------

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Yep i really am THAT thick!

Smallworld Cable ..... 5Meg then upped to 20Meg
O2 ADSL2+ .... 13.6Meg (ish)
Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 02-Aug-12 22:25:41
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

There is 2 cabs near me that are installed but are not humming with power yet. I don't know of they have power to them or if they are just not switched in yet....
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 03-Aug-12 15:43:31
Print Post

There is 2 cabs near me that are installed but are not humming with power yet. I don't know of they have power to them or if they are just not switched in yet....

Nah think they are just humming of dog wee
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 10-Aug-12 22:05:17
Print Post

Drove past stanwix bank this evening and where the fibre cab is, its all dug up so by looks of it they are only just either starting to connect power to the cab's or connecting them to the copper pcp

Phil
Standard User gazter
(regular) Sat 11-Aug-12 10:41:30
Print Post

Drove past stanwix bank this evening and where the fibre cab is, its all dug up so by looks of it they are only just either starting to connect power to the cab's or connecting them to the copper pcp

Phil

It looks like it. It has been like that all over the city for the last two weeks, many of the FTTC cabs have had trenches dug next to them. Even the ones i thought already had a current. . It sometimes seems like 10% of all the road traffic is BT vans... They're everywhere. If it is the case though that they still had this amount of work to do, the claims that completion was imminent (a month ago) was poppycock.

I suspect it will go live in the next couple of weeks.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 11-Aug-12 19:58:58
Print Post

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

Ive a nasty feeling its going to be pushed back again
Standard User OpTicWally
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:03:46
Print Post

I think it will be September sometime, like it says on the website, although, I did a BT Wholesale address checker and it showed up with 'Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 80 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.' which is something new, however this does not show up on the line checker, weird. (If any of you want to do the same to see if you get the same result, you can try it here 'here')
Standard User gazter
(regular) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:52:29
Print Post

[re: OpTicWally] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by OpTicWally:
I think it will be September sometime, like it says on the website, although, I did a BT Wholesale address checker and it showed up with 'Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 80 Mbps and upstream line speed of 20 Mbps.' which is something new, however this does not show up on the line checker, weird. (If any of you want to do the same to see if you get the same result, you can try it here 'here')

The website doesnt mean much. All exchanges intended to be completed for June that werent were automatically rolled forward to the September deadline. There are between half a dozen and a dozen exchanges that are enabled every week. Every single one of them will have a September completion date.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to