General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BalexB
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-12 09:04:22
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Carlisle begins its rollout

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

Just tried the BT website and my Carlisle postcode said it is available. Called up BT and yep, it is... Ordered and engineer coming out on Monday September 3rd. (Earliest available date they offered)...

Not long to wait now then... Finally!

(up on Windsor Park,btw)
Standard User gazter
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 09:50:08
Print Post

[re: BalexB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BalexB:
Just tried the BT website and my Carlisle postcode said it is available. Called up BT and yep, it is... Ordered and engineer coming out on Monday September 3rd. (Earliest available date they offered)...

Not long to wait now then... Finally!

(up on Windsor Park,btw)

Yes, just checked a friend who lives on wolsty close, it says 'available now', mine not though. sod.
Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 15:37:38
Print Post

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

Great news that cabs are starting to be enabled, hopefully mine wont be far behind, there's 2 bt and a northern electric van sitting in front of our fiber cab right now.

Sooooooo next question is have sky got the ball rolling already and are able to supply us or will i be another to go to bt...............

---------------------------

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Yep i really am THAT thick!

Smallworld Cable ..... 5Meg then upped to 20Meg
O2 ADSL2+ .... 13.6Meg (ish)
Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 18:10:17
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

ok heres one for you, the checker says nothing about fttc at our postcode BUT the house opposite which is run off the same pole says 30th sept.

Is there anyone i can contact to double check this? oh the postcodes are ca1 3nz (our block), ca1 3lw (the house opposite) both are run off cab 93

Also theres nothing listed for my phone number about fttc (dont know the folk over the road well enough to ask)

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Well when it gets here and considering i can see the site for the cab from my bedroom window im expecting the full 40meg
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Tue 14-Aug-12 18:37:22
Print Post

Why not go over and ask your neighbour, as for your number its likely that you are on full sky llu so its not a BT number?

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Tue 14-Aug-12 18:38:16)

Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 18:54:27
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

no we have a bt line, when the house was built sky wouldnt touch us for connection so we had to go with bt for the land line (with a 12 month min term) but took sky for the bb (had major issues with bt bb in the past) to be fair we have never had a problem with the line and the price is fair for the amount of calls we make so we never moved it.

like i said we know them to say hi to but not enough to ask for there phone number

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg

Edited by omnius (Tue 14-Aug-12 18:55:15)

Standard User OpTicWally
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-12 21:28:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by omnius:
ok heres one for you, the checker says nothing about fttc at our postcode BUT the house opposite which is run off the same pole says 30th sept.

Is there anyone i can contact to double check this? oh the postcodes are ca1 3nz (our block), ca1 3lw (the house opposite) both are run off cab 93

Also theres nothing listed for my phone number about fttc (dont know the folk over the road well enough to ask)

Which checker is this? If it's the one on the BT website, it says nothing about it for me either. crazy
Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 14-Aug-12 21:32:55
Print Post

[re: OpTicWally] [link to this post]

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Postcode checker and number checker say nothing, postcode for other houses on street give speed est and a date of 30th sept

checked my mums as well, number says nothing, postcode says 55meg end of sept

Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Aug-12 21:38:48
Print Post

no we have a bt line, when the house was built sky wouldnt touch us for connection so we had to go with bt for the land line (with a 12 month min term) but took sky for the bb (had major issues with bt bb in the past) to be fair we have never had a problem with the line and the price is fair for the amount of calls we make so we never moved it.

like i said we know them to say hi to but not enough to ask for there phone number

That's exactly the same boat I'm in. When I first moved up near garlands BT couldn't supply broadband because they lay fibre and at the time you couldn't get BB over fibre. So they layed copper but everyone I know on our estate had problems trying to get BB as BT said it wasn't possible. It took a while and a lot of phone calls but we eventually got it. That was a good few years ago but even now BT say I won't be able to get super fast fibre although the cab has been installed and talk talk say I can get it (that's who I'm currently with) in fact BT told me not to leave talk talk as I would have problems getting fibre from BT.
Standard User OpTicWally
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-12 21:42:00
Print Post

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Postcode checker and number checker say nothing, postcode for other houses on street give speed est and a date of 30th sept

checked my mums as well, number says nothing, postcode says 55meg end of sept

You'd have to ring and ask then I think :/
Weird how the postcode checkers not saying it's coming though, seems to say it is for everyone else crazy
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to