General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Apr-12 14:02:48
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Carlisle begins its rollout

[re: gazter] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gazter:
This was on the corner of Wigton Road and Westrigg Road. A few weeks ago Openreach were also laying the black pipes (which the fibre is blown threw) up and down london road.
That'll cheer my brother up then. His cab is number 72 near the traffic lights at B&Q.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
Standard User omnius
(newbie) Mon 30-Apr-12 14:48:28
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
This was on the corner of Wigton Road and Westrigg Road. A few weeks ago Openreach were also laying the black pipes (which the fibre is blown threw) up and down london road.
That'll cheer my brother up then. His cab is number 72 near the traffic lights at B&Q.

Indeed, i live a little furthur up near the new aldi, every time i drive home from work i glance at the side of the cabs to see if anything has been painted yet.

Question, can they still install the cabs intime for the activation date or is more likely to be pushed back?

---------------------------

Yep i really am THAT thick
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Apr-12 15:04:34
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by omnius:
In reply to a post by Andrue:

Indeed, i live a little furthur up near the new aldi, every time i drive home from work i glance at the side of the cabs to see if anything has been painted yet.

Question, can they still install the cabs intime for the activation date or is more likely to be pushed back?
Hard to say. Don't be too disheartened if the date is pushed back though. BT work with a three month window so a push back always appears to be a three month delay. In my case the date was pushed back to June 31st on the 28th of March. The cabinet went live on the 30th of March.

I don't know if there is a set procedure or not but my cabinet was in place over a month before it went live. Also not all cabinets have been done in Brackley. The town centre is a conservation area that's prevented several cabs from being installed so far. Personally I can't see what the fuss is. Does this look like a particularly attractive wall or example of fine British architecture?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&g...

Ah well. Not my problem. Out on the edge of town we have our shiny new cabs laugh

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Edited by Andrue (Mon 30-Apr-12 15:05:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User omnius
(newbie) Thu 03-May-12 17:53:30
Print Post

What looks like completed groundworks on the roundabout end of crown street (concrete base with several tubes comeing out of it) and what looks like groundworks in progress at the juncions of london road/gray street and london road/hillcrest av

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 04-May-12 11:08:11
Print Post

ITS STARTED!! (Jamsea07)

GREAT NEWS!!
On my way in to collage this morning I seen many BT vans around , Walked passed routledges in currock and a Sub contractor company was cleaning up after installing a new cab!! Got over the bridge towards Grey street and next to an old CAB is a half dug path with barriers around ready for a new CAB! laugh . Then getting closer to RIchard Rose Central I seen even more BT men about. Will have to check if my Cab on alton street ( Next to B and M wllpaper) has been done when I get home tonight!

( MY TB account is Jamsea07 but I cannot log in :/ )
Standard User omnius
(newbie) Sat 05-May-12 12:48:42
Print Post

Confirmed fibre cab on the corner of salisbury road and the roundabout at five roads end (boundary road/blackwell road/beaconsfield street) it is one of these types http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/bt_furniture_2.html

Also seen one on the corner of scotland road/thornton road next to the spar while going to morrisons this morning

Let the games begin laugh

Edited by omnius (Sat 05-May-12 15:11:32)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 06-May-12 11:04:54
Print Post

Hello,
Now the cab by five road ends is next to an old cab. My cab is outside B and M . Would my line get moved to that cab/ That cab take on more lines or will i need to wait for another one to be in place.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 06-May-12 14:13:04
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Lines from the premises to the exchange go through a particular cabinet and unless the customer is willing to fork out many thousands of pounds there is no chance of it being changed to go through a different cabinet.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User omnius
(newbie) Mon 07-May-12 08:26:54
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

As RobertoS says it could be done but by god would it cost you, both in turns of cash and speed (speed is messured from the cab for fibre not from the exchange).

Id wait for your cab to be installed if your getting one, how long that will take i dont know, they seem to have forgotten the one on crown street, was told by a work mate who's brother works at staples that they started that work on tuesday so that makes it almost a week and they still havnt got the cab in place. Did you notice how long it took for the five roads end cab to fitted?

Its a shame no-one can leak the cab fitting shedual's, would make a lot of people who are waiting for there cabs to be fitted (not just here in carlisle) very happy (hint, hint wink)

Standard User gazter
(learned) Mon 07-May-12 11:22:41
Print Post

I think the complication is amplified if the cabinet doesnt have an electric service cable near to it, and needing one spurred from a near by source.

Yet to see one....
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to