General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 00:37:11
Print Post

FTTC South East Kent

[link to this post]

Hello!

I happen to be living in one of the areas BT are rolling out FTTC to in their PR stunt to deploy fibre to rural areas, Sandwich to be precise (yes its a silly name I know!).

However I'm a little concerned as to whether or not they'll make the March 2012 deadline. My exchange (NDSAN) is enabled according to the wholesale checker/samknows, but I've yet to see any new cabinets out on my travels.

I noticed some road works in the town center a few days ago next to a telephone box, but I'm unsure if there's even a cab there as I haven't seen one previously. Also my connection has been intermittently dropping out for brief moments in the past few days (probably unrelated?)

I have checked the PCP December 2011 report, which confirms my cabinet (NDSAN P15) is due to be upgraded.

Could anyone of you lovely folk shed some light on the matter?

Cheers!
Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 07-Feb-12 01:09:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC South East Kent

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

March dates are more of a placeholder then anything, the exchange will go live with a certain number of cabs and more will follow. Looking at the size of Sandwich preumably most of the cabs will be done very quick as the exchange is a small area.

Just keep checking the BT wholesale checker to see if you can get a FTTC service on you're BT line once the exchange enablement date comes.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Tue 07-Feb-12 01:10:49)

Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 07-Feb-12 17:24:52
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Cab's in Sandwich are/were recently being worked on by BT Openreach sub-contractors.

Due to issues (that I cannot mention) there was a delay in the Dover District area which may affect the local rollout.

Take a look on ELGIN and setup a search around your local PCP cab to get updates when any streetworks are due to take place (tick all options for Current and Planned works - past works will not be available this way).

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s

Edited by Yaz (Tue 07-Feb-12 17:28:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 21:48:46
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies guys!

Bah, nothing going on around my cabinet according to Elgin, or any of the other cabs around the town.

This was all I could find, not sure if this is anything to do with FTTC though :|
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 08-Feb-12 22:40:26
Print Post

Can't see the result you linked to.

I believe that the issue that delayed the FTTC rollout in the Dover District area has been resolved (for the moment). I know that BT Openreach have been active in Sandwich with FTTC rollout related works so the cab construction work is probably not far off.

Keep an eye out on ELGIN (if you have setup a search correctly it will email you with the details once a streetworks permit has been processed and updated online).

vFast Ltd
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 08-Feb-12 22:44:26
Print Post

not all cabs are enabled check wwww.superfast-openreach.co.uk for latest live dates (accepting orders) is what your are looking for
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 09-Feb-12 00:49:51
Print Post

OP Here.

The result I linked was as follows

Build 1 concrete chamber 1310mm x 610mm x 1265mm deep in Footway,Install 3m of 2 poly ducts in Carriageway,Install 3m of 2 poly ducts in Footway

I believe the location for the work is next to a telephone box, not sure if there's a cab nearby.

I've got ELGIN set up to email me if anything changes.

Thanks for all your help kind sir!
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Thu 09-Feb-12 22:33:19
Print Post

Building a concrete chamber may have nothing to do with FTTC but then again they may need to construct a new chamber near to a cab (along with ducting) before an FTTC cab can be connected.

If you get a report stating NGA or cabinet installation in the description then that is likely to be the works for the FTTC cab.

I know that Sandwich has/is having duct clearing and fibre works at the moment (prelude to the cabs).

vFast Ltd
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 18:38:07
Print Post

Hello again!

OP Here; just checked ELGIN, it seems the cabinets (including mine!) will be installed between the 29/2 - 6/3.

Hooray! I'm one happy chappy smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 19:36:22
Print Post

I Live near to the fire station in Sandwich. I see there is a planning application for a cabinet stuck on the pole next to existing cabinet. Could not see anything on Elgin though.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to