General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BernieSteak
(learned) Fri 10-Feb-12 16:59:06
Print Post

When may we get FTTC? Cabinet/Postcode details appear AWOL?

[link to this post]

I've been quite keen to get fibre as I'm sure many folk here are. A neighbour received an email from Plusnet saying fibre was "in the area" so I checked it out.

With the postcode it said we could get it, with the telephone number, apparently not. I called and they confirmed that our cabinet wasn't enabled.

It's a new build estate we live in. The exchange is enabled.

I found a document via here for the rollout plans and our cabinet had no details next to it, despite many around the area having dates. Then there seems to be a new openreach document available from this year, and now it seems our cabinet has vanished completely from the list.

Can anyone here in the know provide any information as to when our cabinet may be fibre enabled? The postcode is MK4 4GU if that helps?

Thanks.

Bernie.
Standard User _Sin
(newbie) Fri 10-Feb-12 17:57:06
Print Post

Re: When may we get FTTC? Cabinet/Postcode details appear AW

[re: BernieSteak] [link to this post]

I'm in the kind of the same boat (new build, no info on availability - phone number says no, postcode says yes), but in my case not only does the post-code not appear in the lists, the cabinet doesn't either, and certainly hasn't been upgraded.

The exchange is being enabled soon, and I know not all cabinets which are due to be upgraded have been done yet, so I guess that it's not certain that we're not part of the roll-out, but the fact that the line-check indicates we're not getting it isn't a good sign.

I've not heard of a new document being available (beyond December's), though I assume that to those with access, it's updated fairly regularly?

TBH I'd like to see my postcode appear so that I know we haven't been *completely* forgotten by BT!
(learned) Fri 10-Feb-12 18:39:09
Print Post

[re: _Sin] [link to this post]

I think that's my fear is, that we've fallen off the radar/plans or something.

This was from the document for me from last April (I think):

SAU_ID---Name----------------------------Postcode----SAU_NODE_ID----Exchange Only Flag----Percent Lines----Uplift----Phase---Deployed---FTTC or FTTP
SMSU------SHENLEY CHURCH END----MK4 4GU----{SMSU}{p41}--------0----------------------------100----------------13.91

But a similar doc from December shows nothing for our postcode at all. Which is why I'm a bit concerned.

I'm keen to know if we're on the radar or not, and how soon it may come, as if it's not likely within a year I want to sign a new broadband/phone contract which is for 12 months. Don't want to make that commitment and have fibre in the street three months later!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DougM
(member) Fri 10-Feb-12 19:00:59
Print Post

New builds can be skipped because the roads are unadopted (i.e. still privately owned), meaning the builder must provide permission for BT to perform any ground works. Builders often refuse because they don't want to risk delaying or derailing the adoption process.

We have a couple of these in Basingstoke and the residents have been lobbying the builder to allow the work. They've had some positive responses, but so far nothing has actually changed.

-==-
DougM
(learned) Fri 10-Feb-12 19:38:55
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

The cabinet itself is on land that's owned by a local organisation/charity who have stewardship over a lot of Milton Keynes' green spaces so hopefully it's not that in our case.

Is there any means, official or otherwise, that we can attempt to get any indication of when this work may be scheduled to happen, if at all?
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Fri 10-Feb-12 23:18:09
Print Post

You did realise that the December spreadsheet came in 2 parts, as it is too big to fit into Excel in one go?

I think someone put a version into Googledocs, but left out the details of places that weren't getting anything.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 10-Feb-12 23:52:57
Print Post

The December data requires you to remove the space in the middle of the postcode.

To save you searching the google-hosted fusion document, the original two-part csv files show there are two cabinets for the postcode, 39 and 41. 39 has 4%, 41 has 95%. Allowing for rounding down that's all the lines in the postcode.

There are no entries whatsoever against either frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(learned) Sat 11-Feb-12 11:17:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

What do you think that means? Anyone have any ideas, or are there any people I can ask who may be able to help within BT / Openreach (I assume regular BT phone help wont help!).

Thanks again!

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The December data requires you to remove the space in the middle of the postcode.

To save you searching the google-hosted fusion document, the original two-part csv files show there are two cabinets for the postcode, 39 and 41. 39 has 4%, 41 has 95%. Allowing for rounding down that's all the lines in the postcode.

There are no entries whatsoever against either frown.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 11-Feb-12 11:30:37
Print Post

Deployed key:-
“YES” = Part of scheduled deployment
“NO” = Removed or Deferred from Scheduled Deployment
“Blanks” = Not part of a phase / untargeted cabinet

Yours is "Blanks".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(learned) Sat 11-Feb-12 11:37:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

How does that tally with the "percent lines" column, or is that nothing to do with how many will have FTTC/FTTP? Sorry if these are pretty basic/dumb questions!

Thank you!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to