General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User WhiteyNG
(newbie) Mon 13-Feb-12 21:45:40
Print Post

Cabinet has gone missing

[link to this post]

Whilst waiting expectantly for FTTC broadband to be enabled on my exchange, I found the 13042011 PCP postcode file which correctly informed me that my cabinet {THSPD}{p16} was not being upgraded frown . I live on a relatively new ~4 year old estate road served by a small cabinet with approximately 90 lines and so I assumed the cabinet wasn't being enabled due to being either too small or too new.

Now I've found the December 2012 PCP csv filewhich shows that my cabinet and even my postcode (RG2 9GA) no longer exist, can anyone explain this? Is it a Mayan calander thing? should I move house to a postcode that will exist after the end of the year?

In all seriousness please could someone help me understand what this means and what it indicates my chances of receiving a decent broadband speed in the near future?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 13-Feb-12 21:54:58
Print Post

Re: Cabinet has gone missing

[re: WhiteyNG] [link to this post]

There are three entries for that cabinet on the Part 2 csv. You need to remove the space from the postcode if that's what you are searching on.

Nothing planned though frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Feb-12 18:37:37
Print Post

Given the emails I have swapped with Openreach about my own cabinet being "too small to meet our commercial criteria" I suspect you are in the same boat. It seems that many new build estates are.

Mike

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Feb-12 19:38:29
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

abat who in Openreach did you correspond by written or Email

can you send me a pm Fastman
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Feb-12 19:45:07
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Olivia Garfield (CEO) via email.

Mike
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Feb-12 19:59:36
Print Post

Only some of the cabs in Spencers Wood have been completed at present. As far as I know, only cab 1 has had any lines done off of it so far.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 11-Sep-12 15:44:48
Print Post

Hi,

I also live in RG29GA, gloucester avenue. Just wondered if you'd heard anything since this thread as born?

Thanks

TonyT
  Print Thread

Jump to