General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User joconnell
(experienced) Sun 19-Feb-12 09:18:35
Print Post

FTTC in Hertford

[link to this post]

According to SamKnows.com, FTTC will be available at my exchange on 1/3/2012 but according to the availability checker on the BT Infinity website, it's 31/3/2012

Which is more likely to be correct? I would've thought BT but then because it's BT we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong.

Can anyone shed any light?
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 09:29:26
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Hertford

[re: joconnell] [link to this post]

The date on the BT site is just a place holder, normally. Closer to go live, it will change to the actual date (or get pushed forward 3 months).

Samknows gets there data from BT - and it never seems to tally with the BT site.
Standard User Gadget
(committed) Sun 19-Feb-12 10:08:30
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Its probably an Excel thing - a date of March 12 tends to get translated into first of month not last.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TheManStan
(learned) Sun 19-Feb-12 10:32:24
Print Post

It appears that some cabs are going live on the system without a intermediate step. My cab went from 31-Mar-12 to taking orders overnight.
Standard User joconnell
(experienced) Sun 19-Feb-12 11:48:00
Print Post

[re: TheManStan] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info everyone.

Well hopefully I'll be able to get fibre bb next month then, biggest difference it'll make for me is being able to upload much faster and be able to surf the web and watch IPTV services simultaneously.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 20-Feb-12 16:26:56
Print Post

Sam knows data is uselally updated monthly, best way to find if you can get a BT fibre service is too use their wholesale checker as thats the most accurate.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to