General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spinstorm
(committed) Mon 20-Feb-12 00:32:46
Print Post

How to know FTTC status?

[link to this post]

I am in an area due FTTC/P in March which is a week or so away.

I have no idea how to find out when it will be live or how I can sign up? BT wholesale doesn't give me an option on fibre speeds but shows march availabilty. I am sure there is a fibre cabinet around the block from me that is new as well.

I live in Eastbourne, although I'm sure this question is useful for any areas expecting FTTC soon.
Standard User Moradin
(regular) Mon 20-Feb-12 08:01:44
Print Post

Re: How to know FTTC status?

[re: Spinstorm] [link to this post]

Check the link in my sig.to make sure that your cab is going live.

Although it might be due, there are no hard dates.

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User DRW
(committed) Mon 20-Feb-12 15:08:32
Print Post

Find the BT Infinity web site and register an interest in getting Infinity - this should get you on a list to receive an email when they are seeking users to register to the service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Wed 22-Feb-12 12:21:26
Print Post

What wording does the checker give you? I don't think we've seen it show a fibre date without showing fibre speeds too.

Usually the only definitive way to know when your line will be ready is to look at the BT wholesale checker. However, when it gives a date of the end of a quarter (31/3, 30/6, 30/9, 31/12) it means that is only a provisional target date "placeholder". You absolutely should NOT expect the cabinet to be going live on that date!

What actually happens is that, when the cabinet is going live, the date will suddenly change from a placeholder to a real date - usually within 2 weeks, and possibly going live immediately. This could happen anytime within the quarter - it doesn't wait until the end of the quarter.

If the cabinet doesn't get allocated a live date by 2 weeks before the placeholder date, then an internal BT process will automatically shift the placeholder on to the next one 3 months later. That usually means that the cabinet is delayed, but not necessarily by the full 3 months. It could be a lot less - but it could be more.

My dates went from September to December, then March and June. The final "placeholder" change (to June) happened mid-March last year, but a week later it changed to a live date within 2 days.

So... keep watching the BT Wholesale checker for the date information. Then filter those dates through the information I've written above to temper any excess hope & excess disappointment!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-May-12 15:59:07
Print Post

According the the link all my local cabs have been deplpyed but FTTc status set for june 30th?????
Standard User greenglide
(member) Mon 14-May-12 16:14:11
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
According the the link all my local cabs have been deplpyed but FTTc status set for june 30th?????

Assuming you have checked your postcode against one of the spreadsheets or one of the sites using it to check the "YES" means it is planned to be deployed, not that it has been. While a particular PCP "may" have been commisioned only BTO would actually have that information until the exchange is officially enabled.

Could still be many months (or not).

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
  Print Thread

Jump to