General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mjn2002uk
(newbie) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:57:07
Print Post

Fibre for LSREI

[link to this post]

Hi

I actively view these forums, but this is my first post, so please be gentle with me and I apologise in advance if I am asking silly quesitons.

Have been actively tracking the implementation of fibre in the areas surrounding me and eagerly awaiting the arrival of at my exchange (REIGATE). According to Samknows fibre should be available on that exchange from 01/03/12.

However, the latest version of the spreadsheet detailing the cabinets that are going to be enabled seems to show that my cabinet isn't going to be enabled. (RH2 8LH)

I tried talking to BT last night to see if I was correct and it wasn't going to be FTTC enabled at all, and all I got was the normal reply that you get from the website BT Wholesale website, i.e. not currently available in your area.

I wonder if anyone out there can assist me, as BTRetail seem unable. My questions are,
a) Is FTTC going to be available on LSREI from 01/03/12.
b) Will my cabinet be enabled with FTTC? If so, when?
c) If not, are there any options to transfer to a different enabled cabinet? .e.g. new line, etc.
d) If no FTTC solution is possible, is the FTTH solution that I heard about from these forums starting in late 2012/2013 going to be the only solution for people like me?
e) Is there any one that you can appeal too, or a way to canvass enough support to get BT to enable the cabinet?

Any information that you can assist with would be greatfully received and assist me in making my choice of next ISP, as my BB and phone contracts are now out of contract period.

Many thanks
Mark
Standard User Moradin
(regular) Tue 21-Feb-12 14:21:27
Print Post

Re: Fibre for LSREI

[re: mjn2002uk] [link to this post]

a) Is FTTC going to be available on LSREI from 01/03/12.

Yes

b) Will my cabinet be enabled with FTTC? If so, when?

No --- they might come round to backfill at some point.

c) If not, are there any options to transfer to a different enabled cabinet? .e.g. new line, etc.

Your connected to cabinet 19. The cabinets which ARE going to get FTTC, are:-
3,5,7,9 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 22, 27
I very much doubt they would connect a new line to a different cabinet. it could be a long long away. you could ask. but i haven't heard of this.

d) If no FTTC solution is possible, is the FTTH solution that I heard about from these forums starting in late 2012/2013 going to be the only solution for people like me?

No, because you will not get that either. the FTTP solution is only going to be available if you can already get FTTC.

e) Is there any one that you can appeal too, or a way to canvass enough support to get BT to enable the cabinet?

Nope, not as far i know. its BT. a law unto themselves. If it was me, i would get everyone connected to cabinet 19 (the one your connected to), to enter their details into the availability checker, and register interest.. then BT might notice.

You would have to get as many people in these postcodes to '' register an interest ''

RH28HG
RH28HJ
RH28RD
RH28JE
RH28HH
RH28LW
RH28NH
RH28LX
RH28LN
RH28LY
RH28LT
RH28LH
RH28LQ
RH28LD
RH28LP
RH28LL
RH28LS
RH28RB
RH28LZ
RH28LE
RH28NB
RH28HQ
RH28AQ
RH28LG
RH28ND
RH28LJ
RH28JZ
RH28LA
RH28LU
RH28NA

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User jamesking
(learned) Wed 07-Mar-12 14:34:35
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Hello,

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but since it's about the same exchange it seemed a very sensible

According to a membero f support staff on BT's website I am connected to Reigate Exchange, cabinet 27, so it sounds like good news for me, based on the reply to the original post in this thread.

My parents have awful broadband speeds and their postcode is RH2 7HL. Is there any way to tell what cabinet they are connected to, and is this spreadsheet that lists cabinets and their planned connection status available on line? They would be delighrted to get FTTC. I've had a look round (google) but am not really sure what I am looking for.

Thanks,

James

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(member) Wed 07-Mar-12 15:00:44
Print Post

[re: jamesking] [link to this post]

You're parents are connected to cab 24 and it is not planned for fttc.

Looking at the surronding area, redhill is being upgraded for FTTC as well, could explain the limited cab rollout in Reigate.

Also their is the Openreach Expression of Interest form on their mirco site for Superfast broadband.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen....

If you can get all of the people in the postcoes to register, you may see the cabs be planned once the next list of exchanges get announced, cabs will be added to existing exchanges.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 07-Mar-12 15:29:00
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
You're parents are connected to cab 24 and it is not planned for fttc.

Please for the love of God stop using "you are" when you mean "your". Most people get it wrong the other way around, but either way it is annoying!
Standard User jamesking
(learned) Thu 08-Mar-12 12:30:51
Print Post

Thank you ccxo for the reply.

I will get my parents to register and perhaps canvas their neighbours etc. I feel very fortunate that my cabinet is actually due to be upgraded!

Do you know how long it takes? "Sam knows" says 01/03/2012, but I assume it takes a while to actually connect up all the cabinets etc!

James
Standard User R0NSKI
(learned) Thu 08-Mar-12 13:25:04
Print Post

Re: Fibre for LSREI *DELETED*

Post deleted by billford

Referral link- see here

Edited by billford (Fri 09-Mar-12 20:46:21)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 08-Mar-12 14:35:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by jamesking:
Do you know how long it takes? "Sam knows" says 01/03/2012, but I assume it takes a while to actually connect up all the cabinets etc!

I think my area is kinda typical:

Feb: Fibre blown down ducts
Mar: another BT roadworks scheduled (to install the dslam)
Apr: another BT roadworks scheduled (power it up?)
May: another BT roadworks scheduled (connect to fibre?)
Jun: scheduled live date

Could vary a pile of course if they run into problems
Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 08-Mar-12 14:46:28
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Its electrival sub cotnractors that will install the power, not BT so it can add in added delays if they encounter any problems when they come to do the works.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User jamesking
(learned) Fri 09-Mar-12 11:18:55
Print Post

Sorry to bring this back up again, but I'm a bit confused. I was driving near to my house this morning, and I spotted about 7 cabinets within about 500 metres...

This seems like an excessive number, and my cabinet, 27, is about the furthest away of those! Are there "sub cabinets" of some kind, or similar cabinets that aren't actually BT cabinets (cable perhaps?). The BT Cabinet 27 appears to have a new cabinet in place next to it already!

Thought I chould check if I am definitely on cabinet 27 - my post code is RH2 7HU?

Thanks!

James
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to