General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 16:05:46
Print Post

Cabinet Question

[link to this post]

Been trying to find out when it's likely I'll be able to get fibre (sure I'm not the only one!) and keep coming into conflicting things. Thought I'd contact BT directly and was given an estimate of 31st March, which is likely a 'we don't know, but hope and see!' given the other posts with those dates!

I'm on Sky, so know my telephone wont help. Postcode is CM7 3QX. Hopefully I'll get more information out of here!
Standard User Embraer
(member) Wed 22-Feb-12 16:32:10
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Question

[re: vettieboo] [link to this post]

CM7 3QX is serviced by cabinet 5 on the Braintree (EABNT) and according to the Openreach database document it was part of phase 4a and has been deployed. As you've probably checked the BT Wholesale checker I can only confirm from it that it doesn't show FTTC available at the moment, which is weird considering the phase the cabinet should have been deployed under

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives from my cab
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 16:55:36
Print Post

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

I know it's odd, no dates or anything. I would think that considering that its been up for a while now at my exchange that there would be more information, but I can't get anything from the checkers, hence my confusion!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Wed 22-Feb-12 17:22:00
Print Post

It probably means you are too far from the cabinet to benefit, or that BT's database is not up to date.

Do you know where your cabinet is?
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 17:39:58
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Just walked two minutes (0.1 miles on google maps to Cressing Road from CM7 3QX) to my nearest cabinet, looked at it and it says 5 on both doors. Sounds like the one. I also noticed opposite this on the green embankment there's a new, bigger green box, guessing this is the new cabinet? (I remember seeing this put up a couple months ago, don't go down this road enough to see it finished!)

If so, I really have no clue why I can't get it, if the cabinet is up and I'm a 2 minute walk from it!

Edited by vettieboo (Wed 22-Feb-12 17:40:53)

Standard User mikecrawford80
(member) Wed 22-Feb-12 18:20:37
Print Post

From what I've read on these forums before, if the cabinet was only installed a couple of months ago it may not be live yet, there may be various reasons for delay, and also the Infinity checker may not have been updated yet with availability from your cabinet.

You just have to keep checking.

Plusnet Extra Fibre (with PRO add-on)
My Broadband Ping
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 18:25:01
Print Post

[re: mikecrawford80] [link to this post]

I don't know when the cabinet went up but surely they would have a better time estimate if the physical cabinet is now up an running? How much more work would have to be done!? I only ask because I'd obviously like to know if it's 'March' like they've said or 'Next June'!

Thanks for all the help though guys, helping to clear away all the confusion I've been getting! I was more worried I'd be one of those 'never going to get it' people.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 22-Feb-12 18:32:35
Print Post

If you are on LLU, then the checkers aren't very accurate as they use post code and could be out of date. Suggest you tell BT that you want to order but are on llu and your post code is not linked to the correct cab.
Standard User vettieboo
(newbie) Wed 22-Feb-12 18:45:36
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'll be sure to give that a go, I was just unsure whether it'd be worth the time when I originally asked! I'll update it if I hear anything.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 22-Feb-12 18:47:00
Print Post

Does this checker have any info?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to