General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Feb-12 18:41:28
Print Post

BT Speedtester faulty?

[link to this post]

I am trying to run a speed test with my newly supplied 3B FTTC modem and the BT test is erroring.

Is it working for anybody else?

TIA

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 27-Feb-12 18:47:39
Print Post

Re: BT Speedtester faulty?

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

What error message do you get?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 27-Feb-12 19:00:04
Print Post

It's working here, albeit giving terrible results- like 5Mbps down and 11Mbps up on an 80/20 FTTC line...

Tbb and speedtest.net both give normal results (~65-70Mbps down and 16Mbps up), so I'd guess that the BT tester is working but definitely not very well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Feb-12 19:53:46
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Feb-12 19:55:04
Print Post

It doesn't seem to work with the latest Java update (7) for my 20CN connection using FF 3.6.27 but works OK with the previous Java (6).

I've removed the update and it still works OK with Java 6, aka Version 6 Update 31

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 27-Feb-12 20:13:58
Print Post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4092544-new...

Sounds just like the problem I have had for two weeks - but tried it an hour ago and it has been resolved! It needed escalating through BT faults.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Feb-12 20:18:55
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I have had Java v7 since it came out (to the day, I'm sad like that) and have run speed tests with it many times before. Recently updated to Java 7 build 3 and did notice a Java applet being downloaded during the first test run today. Have a screen shot dated the end of January when Java 7b2 was installed. Java 7 was released last July.

So it isn't Java 7 as such, but something messed up in the applet version d/l today IMHO FWIW.

DrT

Edited by DrTeeth (Mon 27-Feb-12 20:32:11)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Feb-12 20:20:32
Print Post

For the past day it fails for me with
HTTP Status 404 - /PerformanceTester/applet/progressbar/progressbar.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Status report

message /PerformanceTester/applet/progressbar/progressbar.html
description The requested resource (/PerformanceTester/applet/progressbar/progressbar.html) is not available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
using Java 6 v31

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Mar-12 21:30:33
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It is still borked for me. Has anybody got any news on this?

DrT

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Mar-12 22:26:46
Print Post

Dunno! Mine fails in the way I described when I go there from My Favourites, but works fine when I go to the same link from Google frown

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to