General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Thu 01-Mar-12 14:32:22
Print Post

How often is the checker updated

[link to this post]

As above, any idea how often the BT WHolesale checker gets updated.

I saw Openreach engineers working on my (new but empty!) cabinet last week. Had a nice chat with them, very informative. According to them they were just finishing off the installation that day, the fibre to the exchange was in (4 fibres apparently but they're only using one atm) , as was all the hardware and that, as far as they were concerned, it was 'live'.

Alas nothing was updated over the weekend.

Thanks.
Standard User lee111s
(regular) Thu 01-Mar-12 15:10:24
Print Post

Re: How often is the checker updated

[re: yoda2691] [link to this post]

Depends on when Openreach update their data as the BT Wholesale checker takes a direct feed from a couple of different OR systems.
Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Thu 01-Mar-12 15:30:30
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

ok cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 16:20:46
Print Post

[re: yoda2691] [link to this post]

It seems to me that the BT Wholesale checker is very hit and miss, my brothers house shows as not having FTTC available, yet on the BT Infinity site it shows that it is. Even BT told him he couldn't get it, but then when he said about the Ifinity site they checked another system and confirmed he could! This was a week or two ago and it's still the same now.

Anyway I've found that Openreach has a feed on Twitter where each Monday the announce exchanges that have gone live.

Then it's just a matter of your cabinet being done, you can find your cabinet number here. Filter by postcode, if it's not there then it was not scheduled when the spreadsheet became available.

I emailed Sam Knows about the Twitter feed and they said they are in talks with BT to try and improve the information available.

I'm also eagerly awaiting my exchange to go live, cabinets installed and RFS was 1-03-2012.
Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Fri 02-Mar-12 16:59:57
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
It seems to me that the BT Wholesale checker is very hit and miss, my brothers house shows as not having FTTC available, yet on the BT Infinity site it shows that it is. Even BT told him he couldn't get it, but then when he said about the Ifinity site they checked another system and confirmed he could! This was a week or two ago and it's still the same now.

Anyway I've found that Openreach has a feed on Twitter where each Monday the announce exchanges that have gone live.

Then it's just a matter of your cabinet being done, you can find your cabinet number here. Filter by postcode, if it's not there then it was not scheduled when the spreadsheet became available.

I emailed Sam Knows about the Twitter feed and they said they are in talks with BT to try and improve the information available.

I'm also eagerly awaiting my exchange to go live, cabinets installed and RFS was 1-03-2012.

Thanks for the info on the twitter feed.

I did the spreadsheet check a few weeks back and my Postcode S12 4QT is served 100% by cabinet 17 (top of my road). This is the cabinet that the engineers were working on last week when they said it was now 'live' but all checkers lead to the same road - a big fat NO lol

So until that's updated, I can't order
  Print Thread

Jump to