General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Mar-12 15:02:31
Print Post

FTTC in Hastings

[link to this post]

Hastings exchange is/was due to be enabled for FTTC on 1/3/2012. That is today but trying to order a FTTC product I'm told that it isn't available on my line. Is that likely to be because the checkers haven't been updated yet or the fact that FTTC hasn't gone live yet? Is there any way to tell when it has gone live other than to keep trying to order a service? Postcode is TN38 0GN if that helps. Current ADSL2+ service has 61.0db attenuation so it ain't fast, keen to get on to something a bit quicker.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Mar-12 15:16:27
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Hastings

[re: sjr] [link to this post]

Where did you get the date from?

Put your phone number into the OpenReach checker. When that says you can get FTTC, then you can order.
Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Mar-12 15:46:20
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

I got the date from SamKnows but looking at the Openreach docs it just says March 2012 but no date frown Guess I'll just have to be a bit more patient...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gandalf
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-12 16:14:43
Print Post

A great place to check for this is actually the escc roadworks page!

http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/roads...

Check page 4 for some BT works, so it does show that BT are getting there! I'm in the same boat, waiting for my cabinet to be changed laugh

Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 16:23:04
Print Post

[re: Gandalf] [link to this post]

It seems to me that the BT Wholesale checker is very hit and miss, my brothers house shows as not having FTTC available, yet on the BT Infinity site it shows that it is. Even BT told him he couldn't get it, but then when he said about the Infinity site they checked another system and confirmed he could! This was a week or two ago and it's still the same now.

Anyway I've found that Openreach has a feed on Twitter where each Monday the announce exchanges that have gone live.

Then it's just a matter of your cabinet being done, you can find your cabinet number here. Filter by postcode, if it's not there then it was not scheduled when the spreadsheet became available.

I emailed Sam Knows about the Twitter feed and they said they are in talks with BT to try and improve the information available.

I'm also eagerly awaiting my exchange to go live, cabinets installed and RFS was 1-03-2012.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 01-Mar-12 16:27:25)

Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Mar-12 16:54:54
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

NDHAS HASTINGS TN380GN {NDHAS}{P18} 0 100% 19.21 7b Yes FTTC

So that is telling me that 100% of lines in TN380GN postcode are served by cab {NDHAS}{P18} and that the cab has been deployed, right?
Standard User Gandalf
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-12 17:03:02
Print Post

All correct apart from the deployed part. I think that column is somewhat misleading as I seem to recall someone on here saying that it is to show cabinets that have been scheduled for deployment. So, keep an eye on the cabinet and when you see it being replaced, you shouldn't have long to wait! (Should change from a scabby old green box to a shiny new larger box!)

Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Mar-12 17:06:44
Print Post

[re: Gandalf] [link to this post]

I have no idea where the cab is smile
Standard User Richeh
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-12 17:07:42
Print Post

Surprised to find this thread here, am on the Hastings exchange currently until saturday when moving back with parents who are on the BALDSLOW exchange which same as Hastings was theoretically enabled 01/03/2012 but none of the checkers show it as available. Have started a Sky LLU connection but want to upgrade to their fibre service which goes live in April. Hoping its all sorted by then!

Actually thinking about it when I was in London Road today I saw a BT engineer opposite working on a big box, maybe its the start!

BE 24MB:
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,433 / 23,389

Edited by Richeh (Thu 01-Mar-12 17:09:11)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 01-Mar-12 17:23:38
Print Post

[re: Richeh] [link to this post]

Im on the hastings exchange, hopefully wont be long now.. Lots of new cabs all over the town
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to