General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tonymortlock
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 09:55:51
Print Post

Fibre on our Estate

[link to this post]

I live on an estate which has a BT cabinet at the entrance to the estate. BT installed a fibre cab next to it a couple of months ago.

I am about 300m from this cabinet (it is straight down the road). There is also a normal BT cabinet right out side my house.

When I check my number in the BT checker, it says my cabinet will be fibre enabled on 31/3/2012.

My question is, will I be connected to the cabinet 300m away or will I be connected to the one right outside my house?

Cheers

Tony
Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Sat 03-Mar-12 10:15:00
Print Post

Re: Fibre on our Estate

[re: tonymortlock] [link to this post]

The cabinet should have a number on it, do a search for your post code in this spreadsheet and if your cabinets been scheduled to be upgraded it will show up.

The P number is the cabinet number, it may list more than one cabinet, in which case you've got no way of knowing which one. If there's no results then either the postcode format you entered is wrong or that postcode was not scheduled in December.

If it does not show a total of 100% lines then there's a cabinet that is not listed, and therefore not scheduled.

Also the date you are seeing is only a guide, and could change. Mine states 1/03/2012 and my cabinets installed, but alas still nothing.
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 10:41:04
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

It shows :

SLRSN ROSSINGTON DN110FD {SLRSN}{P3} 0 8% 3.23 6b
SLRSN ROSSINGTON DN110FD {SLRSN}{P5} 0 90% 23.1 6b

Cabinet outside house is 89T

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(newbie) Sat 03-Mar-12 12:29:56
Print Post

Hopefully your not on 89T, as it's not listed in the spreadsheet. Although there is 2% of lines missing from the information you posted.

I wonder if that is the correct number or if it is even a BT cabinet, highest number on the spreadsheet for Rossington is P14
Standard User Ribble
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 12:59:53
Print Post

T suggests its a TPON cabinet
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 13:08:00
Print Post

Hmm... I think I've seen a BT engineer working on it outside my house - I could be wrong though, I might have dreamt it!

I guess I'll just have to wait until the end of the month and keep checking the BT checker to see what happens.

Pic of cabinet:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dA_g1YKqWHA/T1IWw...

Thanks for your help.

Tony
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 13:10:49
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
T suggests its a TPON cabinet

Ah, yes this would make sense as the estate was TPON.
We only got our copper overlay in 2009 to enable us to have broadband.
I had to get a new line/phone number when I was finally able to place the ADSL order.

Maybe I am connected to the cabinet at the estate entrance after all.
Standard User Ribble
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 14:04:51
Print Post

yes, quite likely
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Mar-12 17:13:35
Print Post

Id be fairly sure that the cab in the picture isn't a BT one. It's more than likely that your line is fed from the cabinet as you come in your estate.

Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Sat 03-Mar-12 18:45:59
Print Post

There are actually three lines for your postcode --
SLRSN,ROSSINGTON,DN110FD,{SLRSN}{M_F},1,1%,,,,
SLRSN,ROSSINGTON,DN110FD,{SLRSN}{P3},0,8%,3.23,6b,Yes,FTTC
SLRSN,ROSSINGTON,DN110FD,{SLRSN}{P5},0,90%,23.1,6b,Yes,FTTC
Please don't ask me what the M_F signifies, I do not know. Lot's of people have speculated but no one has been able to give a definitive answer.

For the record, here follows all the indicators from the December 2011 spreadsheet that are not of the Pnumber format --

Text
M_A         PE11        PE3         PE93        PP125T      PP52T
M_B         PE12        PE30        PFCC1       PP127T      PP53TM_C         PE13        PE31        PHOW        PP145T      PP5T
M_D         PE16        PE4         PMDF2       PP18T       PP61TM_E         PE18        PE5         PP108T      PP1T        PP6T
M_F         PE19        PE6         PP109T      PP2T        PP7TPCMUX1      PE2         PE7         PP117T      PP43T       PS1
PE1         PE20        PE8         PP118T      PP49T       PS2PE10        PE21        PE9         PP124T      PP4T

Zarjaz -- Is there any chance that you might be able to determine the meaning of the above indicators, please?

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to