General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Tue 06-Mar-12 22:00:13
Print Post

Is there errors in the FTTC checker?

[link to this post]

The reason I ask this is I have been posting regarding my cabinet for a few weeks, Openreach engineers have told me it's live (when they were working at the cabinet) and yet the checker says I still can't get fibre.

So today I have done a bit of investigating. Using the December PCP document that keeps getting mentioned, along with other sources, such as acquaintances on my estate, Royal Mails postcode database, Plusnets availability checker (which incidentally also lists cabinets if you say you have no number and just use a postcode) etc.

The results are that the cabinet immediately prior to mine from the exchange is live and the various checkers say you can order FTTC. The cabinet immediately AFTER mine is the same, FTTC is available and can be ordered (and the deployment phase etc on the spreadsheet are all the same).

However mine is not showing as having fibre available, so thinking it may be a problem just with my line, my street, my location etc. I tried postcodes and addresses for EVERY area supplied from my cabinet and it all comes back as NO FIBRE ( my street is 100% supplied from the same cabinet)

So, anyone like to add any input on this !!!! I would welcome it, especially where I can go from here to find out if this is just an error on the database or if there are any other factors that I haven't considered.

Postcode S12 4QT Cabinet number 17 if this helps
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Mar-12 22:26:28
Print Post

Re: Is there errors in the FTTC checker?

[re: yoda2691] [link to this post]

It's your own fault.

You shouldn't have been so rude to the person at the other end when you queried an obvious error in your phone bill six years ago, and they told you it was right! When it wasn't. Then your cabinet wouldn't have been black-listed.

Seriously, it could be something as simple as a faulty DSLAM in the cabinet. Replacing that is probably a lower priority than installing the later cabinets, as there's a fair chance there is no slack in the supply chain.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Tue 06-Mar-12 22:43:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That was it, I knew I'd shouted at someone lol.

Anyway, regardless of who I managed to upset, you would think that someone, somewhere would have access to low level data for each cabinet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yoda2691
(experienced) Thu 08-Mar-12 11:32:35
Print Post

The apology must have worked as my cabinet is now LIVE yay
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 08-Mar-12 11:35:30
Print Post

Great news. Let us know how you get on smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to