General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mp90
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-12 11:59:18
Print Post

Attainable Rate Change

[link to this post]

I noticed this morning that my attainable rate has changed upwards from around 60,000 to 102,608kbit/s down and from about 20,000kbit/s to 38,491kbit/s up. I've been on FTTC (BT Infinity) since January and the modem has always reported the lower attainable rates (last check was at weekend)

What is likely to cause such a large increase in attainable rate as nothing has changed in my house? There was an engineer working on my cabinet this morning but I assumed this would just be another FTTC install nearby.

I should point out that when the BT wholesale checker had its cap temporarily lifted a few weeks ago I was getting an 80/20 estimate but my modem was reporting the lower attainable rates above.
Standard User mp90
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 12:57:19
Print Post

Re: Attainable Rate Change

[re: mp90] [link to this post]

Anyone?
Standard User lee111s
(regular) Wed 14-Mar-12 14:22:08
Print Post

It's possible that there was a problem in rolling out the 17a profile to your cabinet and it's only just been done this week.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 14-Mar-12 18:20:39
Print Post

As Lee says. Particularly if the engineer was working on the fibre cabinet, as the customer FTTC installers don't access that. They just work in the PCP, connecting the feed from the FTTC one to your copper.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User mp90
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 23:44:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

He had the doors of both cabinets open!! Oh well guess that explains why my attainable rate was low and then jumped so high.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 00:20:33
Print Post

So he was (also) doing something to the link between the cabinets.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to