General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Croftie
(member) Tue 13-Mar-12 15:45:33
Print Post

Rapidshare upload speeds

[link to this post]

If any non infinity fttc users could upload a file to rapidshare.com and post what speed you get I would really appreciate it, you will need to register a free account before being able to upload.

It would be really usefull because there are three Infinity users that I know of who are not getting good upload speeds to rapidshare.com, typically 70KB/s. Rapidshare insist they are not limiting upload throughput and BT are taking their time to tell use whether they are limiting the upload speed or not.

Results from other ISP's should show whether the problem is with BT or rapidshare.
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Mar-12 16:06:05
Print Post

Re: Rapidshare upload speeds

[re: Croftie] [link to this post]

I think BT are defiantly throttling it. Mine started out at 700k/sec, then watching bandwidth graph it jolts back down to 200k/sec and fluctuates around that.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 13-Mar-12 16:09:03
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
defiantly throttling it

Defying the will of the people!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 13-Mar-12 16:23:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Croftie:
If any non infinity fttc users could upload a file to rapidshare.com and post what speed you get I would really appreciate it, you will need to register a free account before being able to upload.

It would be really usefull because there are three Infinity users that I know of who are not getting good upload speeds to rapidshare.com, typically 70KB/s. Rapidshare insist they are not limiting upload throughput and BT are taking their time to tell use whether they are limiting the upload speed or not. Results from other ISP's should show whether the problem is with BT or rapidshare.

Download the RSM Free tool and use that to upload several files at the same time, i think only a free account is needed to use the RSM or use Filepost instead, open a free account with them and you can upload via ftp instead using filezilla or other ftp client
Standard User Croftie
(member) Wed 14-Mar-12 00:24:42
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Thanks.

Anyone on another ISP willing to try? I can create an account for you and PM the login details if that would help.
Standard User Croftie
(member) Wed 14-Mar-12 00:34:57
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Download the RSM Free tool and use that to upload several files at the same time

Presuming I need to upload multiple files all the same time, that only allows me to fill the bandwidth while there are 3-4 uploads running, it doesn't mean faster uploads as the largest file will always take an age.

Single file upload speed is poor and it is only poor on rapidshare, I can get max upload speed to other filehosts and servers.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 14-Mar-12 05:23:06
Print Post

Uing the RSM tool & uploading 1 file i get 95% of my upstream throughput to rs, so normal for my connection Be pro
Standard User balami
(committed) Wed 14-Mar-12 08:56:46
Print Post

Hi,

I am seeing a contant 135KB/Sec uploading from Zen. Speedtest show my upload to be around the 10Mb maximum. Saying that if I FTP the file up (to Zen / Heart Internet) it's actually slower.

Not had the service long so more investiagtion required.

Mark.
Standard User Croftie
(member) Wed 14-Mar-12 14:02:00
Print Post

[re: balami] [link to this post]

Hi Mark, hmm so slow on Zen too. That points to the problem being with rapidshare.

Can anyone else on another ISP confirm slow speeds?

Thansk.
Standard User balami
(committed) Wed 14-Mar-12 14:43:08
Print Post

Hi,

For what its worth, I've just re-run the tests on my office PC (same location) and see 134KB/Sec to rapidshare with a free account.

Upload to Heart Internet via FTP (single file) hovers between 1MB & 1.1MB/sec

Looks like it may indeed be a restriction at Rapidsahre.

Regards,

Mark.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to