General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Mar-12 15:32:48
Print Post

Is the checker useless for FTTP?

[link to this post]

I've tried multiple times now with different towns to see if anyone even can get fttp but so far nothing shows up on the checker, not even any info of whether it's coming or not, this is begging to become a bit of a joke now, how is anyone supposed to know when they can get it when bt makes no effort to provide information?
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:36:09
Print Post

Re: Is the checker useless for FTTP?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Which checker have you been using?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

Have you used this checker above for the BT Infinity 100Mb at the bottom to check availability.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Mar-12 20:46:32
Print Post

FTTP is only availaie in small number ox exchnages and shod show 100m where it is avaialbe -- so i suggest wwww.suoerfast-Openreach for where FTTP is being deliveed and then whether its avaialive / live on your cab

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 17-Mar-12 16:45:23
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Which checker have you been using?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

Have you used this checker above for the BT Infinity 100Mb at the bottom to check availability.

Of course that's what i used, no information is given no matter what town and postcode i tried, i couldn't even find somewhere with fttp already.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 17-Mar-12 17:51:46
Print Post

There's quite a few people here scheduled for FTTP.

Is there a particular postcode you want checked?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Mar-12 18:48:24
Print Post

You would have to guess a lot of towns and postcodes to get it right

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4877-fastest-broa...

As for evidence Ashpole Furlong in Bradwell Abbey has someone with speedtests in the 88Meg area and if I spend time hunting I would fine more of them

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 18-Mar-12 15:06:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
You would have to guess a lot of towns and postcodes to get it right

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4877-fastest-broa...

As for evidence Ashpole Furlong in Bradwell Abbey has someone with speedtests in the 88Meg area and if I spend time hunting I would fine more of them

Not if you use the spreadsheet and know what postcodes are down for fttp, id like to see if the checker even shows anything for an fttp address when it's active, as that would at least be something but really it should give some idea of when it will arrive like it has done for fttc.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 18-Mar-12 17:08:39
Print Post

Checkers such as this one no longer give FTTC or FTTP data using the postcode search. So it's possible, nay; likely, that all BT Group checkers will act the same.

If you try some addresses, or shop phone numbers gleaned from googling the postcode, you may get some results.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 18-Mar-12 17:11:45)

Standard User Gleichfalls
(newbie) Mon 19-Mar-12 13:14:56
Print Post

Seems ok for me at my address:

For Telephone Number *********** on Exchange BRADWELL ABBEY

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a WBC Fibre To The Premises technology with an estimated Broadband downstream line speed of up to 100Mbps and upstream line speed of up to 30Mbps.

Our records show the following network service information for your premises:-
Single Dwelling Unit Residential
UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

Furthermore your exchange has been enabled for multicast services, please contact your provider for further details.

If you decide to place an order for a fibre product, an appointment might be required where an engineer may need to visit your premises who will, where possible, supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Standard User kitcat
(regular) Mon 19-Mar-12 14:06:03
Print Post

Go to the Openreach site at
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/.

There are only 48 exchange with FTTP available on and not all the customers on each exchange will be able to order it yet. 23 of these are in Cornwall!

Some have both FTTC and FTTP

A futher 64 are planned to be available by June 2012. but as 54 have dates in March I doubt if they will all be achieved by the planned dates.

18 of the new ones are in Cornwall !

Print Thread

Jump to