General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mr_magicfingers
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-12 15:59:25
Print Post

Could someone offer advice on when I might be getting fiber.

[link to this post]

Hi all,

for 18months now I've been waiting for BT infinity. Every 3 months they bump the availability date another 3 months. I'm on the Pinner exchange which has had fiber available for a while now. I have seen several of the new style cabinets around the area but don't know which one I might be connected to or, if it's not one of those which one it might be. Is there a way to check on this?

My postcode is HA52EL

Thanks for your help.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 16-Mar-12 16:54:40
Print Post

Re: Could someone offer advice on when I might be getting fi

[re: mr_magicfingers] [link to this post]

That postcode is supplied from PCP (phone) cabinet 70. So you are looking for an FTTC cabinet clearly associated with it.

I would have thought it would be live by now, as it is/was scheduled for Phase 5a. Sounds like technical or planning trouble.

What exactly does this checker say about fibre for your munber?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-12 17:08:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, do you know how I might go and find that particular cabinet so I can see if it's a new one and if it appears to be powered up? putting my number into the broadband checker give the following:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 2.5Mbps and 7Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 40Mbps and upstream line speed of 10Mbps.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:02:34
Print Post

[re: mr_magicfingers] [link to this post]

All lines for the following post codes are served by the same cab as you. You can use htttp://batchgeo.com
to plot each of these post codes onto a google map. This should then give you a good indication of the geographic area in which the cab is located. You can then either go for a walk or use google street maps to find it.

HA52EH
HA52QW
HA52EW
HA52PY
HA52ES
HA52EJ
HA52EP
HA52PZ
HA52EN
HA52ET
HA52EL
HA52ER

edit - fix URL

Kris

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Sky Netgear DG934G

Edited by Kr1s69 (Fri 16-Mar-12 19:03:27)

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:07:42
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
You can then either go for a walk or use google street maps to find it.

There's some cabs at the end of "Field End Road" which look strange on Street View - I'm guessing its a VM cab in front on the pavement, but there is something behind it; in a darker green that could be a BT PCP.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:23:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That postcode is supplied from PCP (phone) cabinet 70. So you are looking for an FTTC cabinet clearly associated with it.

I would have thought it would be live by now, as it is/was scheduled for Phase 5a. Sounds like technical or planning trouble.

What exactly does this checker say about fibre for your munber?

hi could you check my post code please S75 6HG for the phase please the cabs been powered on and there for over a year but the dates keep changing its currently at 31/3/12 but that's 7th change so not holding breath

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Fri 16-Mar-12 19:24:21)

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:27:38
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

SLDR DARTON S756HG {SLDR}{P4} 0 100% 4.33 6b Yes FTTC

Phase 6b which ends this month, so will likely go live with the rest of the exchange.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:43:05
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
SLDR DARTON S756HG {SLDR}{P4} 0 100% 4.33 6b Yes FTTC

Phase 6b which ends this month, so will likely go live with the rest of the exchange.

the exchange is live and other cabs have been accepting orders close to the exchange since about January crazy

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
(newbie) Fri 16-Mar-12 21:48:50
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I'm on Azalea walk so it should be very close, I'll go and have a look around over the weekend.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 23:28:04
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Well the march date may hold just have to wait and see.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to