General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 12:39:16
Print Post

Infinity Broadlands Bridgend

[link to this post]

BT tell me I'm not able to access Infinity but all the streets in my area are enabled, seems something is wrong somewhere.

How do I find out what is going on?
Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Mar-12 13:31:08
Print Post

Re: Infinity Broadlands Bridgend

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Please PM me your postcode/tel number and I can check on the system for you.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 25-Aug-12 08:56:09
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

My post code is CF31 5FR please check your systems.

Thanks very much.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JHBroadlands
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 11:43:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
BT tell me I'm not able to access Infinity but all the streets in my area are enabled, seems something is wrong somewhere.

How do I find out what is going on?

Exactly the same problem for me. Sky are blaming BT for not having a cabinet ready?
Any help? post code same CF315FR Thanks
Standard User jparnell82
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 11:49:54
Print Post

How do you know they are enabled?
Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Sat 05-Jan-13 11:51:45
Print Post

BT like to make life difficult. Brigend Exchange is enabled but the Cabinet(s) that serve that poscode are not enabled which stacks up with what Sky have told you. THere appears to be no information as to any dates so it may or may not be included in the Commercial rollout. YOur only option is to emal BT Enquires to try to find out. If it is not in the commercial Rollout I woul guess you would have to find out from the WElsh Assembly as to whether it is in their BDUK rollout. Best of luck with that
Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Sat 05-Jan-13 11:54:32
Print Post

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

He may be confusing Exchange and cabinets or it may be some people near to him are on another cabinet. THe POst code he gave come up with it being not enabled for a house number I put in but it could be that that postcode is on 2 different cabinets So part of it can get it and part not
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 05-Jan-13 12:55:10
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

According to Dec 2011 data all of that postcode is on cabinet 74.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User JHBroadlands
(newbie) Sat 05-Jan-13 22:06:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. smile
Standard User kitcat
(member) Sat 05-Jan-13 22:52:54
Print Post

[re: JHBroadlands] [link to this post]

Your estate is quite new, it doesn't show on the google satelitte image but does show on street map with a 2011 image date. This means that the Cab may have had only a few customers on when the planning was done and therefore didn't meet the loading required to put an FTTC cab in place at that time..

The estate looks that it may even be big enough to have needed a new cabinet so BT are likely to revisit it in a later phase. As the public info 'most' people are looking at is a year out of date, if there is a new cab this will not be shown on the visible records. If we are lucky a ISP rep with more up to date info may be able to confirm that the whole postcode is still on cab 74 or whether there is a new cab as well.

Use the E-mail address nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk contact Openreach, remember to give a full description of the estate age, and additional house quantities, etc so that the person who deals knows they need to look at updating the records, otherwise you will get a response based on the original records when the planning was done 12-18 months ago.

Openreach often revisit areas after the original exchange activation to do additional cabinets, this is especially true in a big exchange area like Bridgend where there are too many cabs to do all in one go. So you are likely to get Fibre eventually. There may be a wait if the estate has a 'no dig' embargo for the first year after the council adopts it, you will have to contact the council if this turns out to be the case!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to