General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 20-Mar-12 21:12:11
Print Post

FTTC Burton on Trent

[link to this post]

Date moved today from 31 March 2012 to 31 June 2012 - cabs in and local engineer on street said it was good to go ... so near and yet ?
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Tue 20-Mar-12 22:31:01
Print Post

Re: FTTC Burton on Trent

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

31st of March is a placeholder date, the 31st of June is the same your cab will likely go live between now and June, though it can be delayed further.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Mar-12 07:58:06
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Not all the cabs are done in Burton yet and there is still a [censored] load of fibre to be laid all over the town, there is still more fibre laying and interconnects to deploy.

They have had problems with Ashby road (A511) with poor ducting and also the council have been unhelpful with planning permission, but what's new with east staffs council they are useless.

As the poster before me, I don't think it will go all the way to June and will go live before then.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 97040D 35659U
Sync 39999D 9995U
Attenuation: 9.6 SNR: 22.6
Line Length 300meters

Edited by lockyatlrg (Wed 21-Mar-12 08:00:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Guymeister
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-12 15:41:20
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

A lot of work going on in the Stretton area of Burton recently over the past few weeks, 3 FTTC cabinets all beingworked on and revisited, cabling being pulled through ducts etc. Although the date has moved from March 31st I wouldn't look to much into it. Surely must be getting close to the live date.

Edited by Guymeister (Wed 21-Mar-12 16:26:55)

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Mar-12 17:08:11
Print Post

[re: Guymeister] [link to this post]

Decent broadband has been a long time coming in Burton as the entire town has nothing but shocking broadband and phone lines.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 97040D 35659U
Sync 39999D 9995U
Attenuation: 9.6 SNR: 22.6
Line Length 300meters
Standard User Guymeister
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-12 17:21:24
Print Post

Its really awful, been on 1.8meg for about 3 years now since I moved to the area. Previous to that I was on VM 20meg fibre so quite a drop!

Mind you I shouldn't moan, some people are even worse off than me around this area and have suffered for a lot longer.

Hoping for good things from Fibre, house is 150 metres from the FTTC cab. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Guymeister (Wed 21-Mar-12 17:22:02)

Standard User Guymeister
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 14:47:32
Print Post

Just a bit of FYI

Cabling work seems to be taking place on Ashby road today, fingers crossed the issues you mentioned there have been resolved.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 22-Mar-12 16:00:53
Print Post

Re Ashby Road - I live in Stretton and was told by our cabinet engineer that despite being at the opposite end of the area we were to be fibred from Swadlincote exchange - assume these cables would come down Ashby Road to cross the river - I am hoping that the June date is to cover contingencies and that work will complete soon
Standard User Guymeister
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 16:34:27
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Where about in Stretton are you? I live in Fairham road which is served by cab 30, the location of this is on Hall Green Ave which is opposite the Monksbridge. Seen work on this and other cabs in these locations over the last few days, Main Street opposite the Church, and the island by James Brindley way which is opposite the Bilash. These are all served by the EMBURTO exchange in Burton centre.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 22-Mar-12 17:12:17
Print Post

I am in Kenilworth Ave which is off Knightsbridge off Britannia Drive. Our shiny cabinet was finished 3 weeks ago and the engineer said the next thing to look for would be a chap with a laptop connecting nodes. He did say the fibre from Swad was by an external contractor.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to