General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Mar-12 14:52:55
Print Post

With FTTP do they mainly fibre up the poles when you order?

[link to this post]

I now know FTTP is mostly unseen except for the poles, im pretty sure they've got fibre installed up the main road near the old cab underground point at the end of our street, however no pole work has been done, my question is will i be able to order in April or do they have to install fibre along the poles first?
Standard User Ribble
(member) Wed 21-Mar-12 16:12:21
Print Post

Re: With FTTP do they mainly fibre up the poles when you ord

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I believe they provide the fiber to the distribution pole 1st. May then go via carrier pole(s) , depends if the property is connected direct to the distribution pole or not.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Mar-12 16:40:18
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Interesting, when you say distribution pole i take it you mean the first pole next to the cab or underground connection?

Each pole is currently connected to the ground by a trick black cable, obviously this isn't fttp but i imagine it will appear alongside that at some point?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 21-Mar-12 17:08:34
Print Post

a distribution pole is the one with the cable running up it and multiple lines off it. A carrier pole might be used to get round a corner from the DP to the served premises, or across a road etc.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Wed 21-Mar-12 17:13:45
Print Post

The distribution point (DP) is the last node point before connecting to a property/premises. In an overhead network the DP is mounted on a pole and a property/premises may connect direct to that pole or via 1 or intermediate carrier poles. I don't know if FTTP will require the fiber DP to be connected direct or via carrier poles .
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 21-Mar-12 17:14:20
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Ah i see thanks, well that's good to know i guess but i was hoping to be able to order as soon as fibre was in the ground, that way i could kind of force an upgrade by simply ordering.
Standard User partial
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-12 21:02:12
Print Post

If they are going FTTP you will see a black cable with yellow tracer of some description going up the DP to a manifold.
  Print Thread

Jump to