General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 21:54:27
Print Post

ADSL2+ sync increasing...

[link to this post]

I've seen an increase in my ADSL+ (O2 LLU) connection in the last couple of weeks. I think the only explanation for this is that SNR has increased as some have moved to FTTC. Oddly I'm not connected to a cabinet that has FTTC available (and won't any time soon). This must therefore be a result in reduced interference on the exchange side of my line.

Sync has increases from low 15,300kbps to just over 16,000kbps, around a 700kbps increase.

I wonder if this increase will continue and if I'll get closer to the 17~18Mbps my line length 'should' be capable of.

Anyone else seen this increase in sync speed happen?

I wonder if this could even be related to O2's recent problems and people leaving them for another provider or FTTC?

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 22:53:37
Print Post

Re: ADSL2+ sync increasing...

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 5km:
Anyone else seen this increase in sync speed happen?

Could be as simple as weather effects, or Openreach have fixed a dodgy joint in the street somewhere.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User balami
(committed) Wed 21-Mar-12 23:55:13
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Hi,

I have seen a gradual improvment since most of my village went FTTC (March 2011). Not really studied the figures but lines remaining in sync for 30 days+ when before they couldn't manage a week.

Spoke to a neighbour and his line had improved too. Our cabinet went FTTC earlier this month, I still have one DSL line so will keep an eye on it as more people migrate across.

Mark.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-12 00:08:40
Print Post

[re: balami] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by balami:
Hi,

I have seen a gradual improvment since most of my village went FTTC (March 2011). Not really studied the figures but lines remaining in sync for 30 days+ when before they couldn't manage a week.

Spoke to a neighbour and his line had improved too. Our cabinet went FTTC earlier this month, I still have one DSL line so will keep an eye on it as more people migrate across.

Mark.
Well my sync has reduced for no obvious reason ,no FTTC here though yet,

Print Thread

Jump to