General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gymbal
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 12:13:49
Print Post

Am I ever going to see FTTC ?

[link to this post]

Does anyone know how you find out what the delay is in providing FTTC services ? - in my area (Wandsworth) I've watched the install date for services be put back for the last 12 months (3 months at a time) - can't seem to find out what the problem is and if we will ever get it resolved.

I've just checked again to see the availability date go back again from end of march to end of june - no wonder BT's complaining that the uptake on fibre broadband is slow when it's this hard to actually get the service - I wouldn't mind, but it's not as if I live out in some rural area either !
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 22-Mar-12 15:39:09
Print Post

Re: Am I ever going to see FTTC ?

[re: gymbal] [link to this post]

What is your full postcode as it can be checked against the December list.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User gymbal
(newbie) Thu 22-Mar-12 19:39:57
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

it's SW18 2BE

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 22-Mar-12 20:07:33
Print Post

LSWAN WANDSWORTH SW182BE {LSWAN}{P20} 0 2% 3.74 6a Yes FTTC
LSWAN WANDSWORTH SW182BE {LSWAN}{P29} 0 95% 4.45 6a Yes FTTC
LSWAN WANDSWORTH SW182BE {LSWAN}{P41} 0 2% 4.2 6a Yes FTTC

Hi from the above information your postcode is served by 3 cabinets, 20/29 and 41, of which a certain % of the phone lines in the postcode go to each cab.

The majority of lines 95% go to cab 29, though their is 1% missing which could be a rounding error.

The next step is to find these 3 cabs and see if their is a fibre twin next to them

http://g.co/maps/9jehk

Is possibly one cab but im unable to say what number it is.

Putting your postcode into

http://public.londonworks.gov.uk/roadworks/home

Show the various roadworks happening of which their is BT works showing that alot of ducting tubing is being installed to blow fibre which is the likely delay with your cab placeholidng date moved back to June.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User gymbal
(newbie) Fri 22-Jun-12 13:32:50
Print Post

Sorry for not replying for a long time to this post ,but I've been trying to track down the cabs (assisted by BT changing some of the cabs out - I've found all 3 that appear to have new BT cabs near them for Fibre (one is across the road from it!)

Here's some google map links to them:

Cab 20 (has the fibre cab just near the bin in the pic): Cab 20 location on google maps

Cab 29(has the new cab to the left, near the road): Cab 29 location on google maps

Cab 41 (Has the cab on the opposite side of the road alongside the C&W cabs): Cab 441 location on google maps

On cab 41, this took a while to find, as BT had replaced the entire cabinet, but hadn't gotten round to relabelling the cab afterwards.

Looking at the dates again, it's still showing as the 30th of June, which doesn't seem to bode well.

(with apologies to both posters who pointed out that a shorter URL would be much more readable - mea culpa)

Edited by gymbal (Fri 22-Jun-12 16:22:28)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jun-12 13:44:12
Print Post

Please can you enclose that huge link in the url tags as described in the fourth line, right-hand pair, on this page. It is completely screwing up the forum layout smile.

Thanks.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Jun-12 13:57:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Please can you enclose that huge link in the url tags as described in the fourth line, right-hand pair, on this page. It is completely screwing up the forum layout smile.

Or better tick the "short URL" option on the Google Maps page before copying. smile

James - be* pro - 16.8mbps sync - BQM
FTTC cab arrived 18-jun-2012 (due Mar 2011) - Openreach estimate 44.6Mbps / 6.5Mbps
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 22-Jun-12 16:49:58
Print Post

Since all 3 cabs have their fibre twins next to them, you will get a service once they go live, they may go live before the 30th of June.

If not then they will fall into the next 3 month holding period which is up to September, cabs will either go live the first few weeks into the next period if they missed the holding date or later on.

Does the BT wholesale asdl checker say for your line getting a FTTC service.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jun-12 16:51:53
Print Post

Thanks for fixing the links smile.

Looks like your question has been answered now.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User gymbal
(newbie) Fri 22-Jun-12 22:33:44
Print Post

(ahem) - I think so:

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th June 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 60.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to