General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User creakycopperline
(newbie) Sat 24-Mar-12 22:29:54
Print Post

Why do BT fibre only certain cabs?

[link to this post]

I know this might have been answered elsewhere on the forum, but i am perplexed as to why openreach seem only fibre half of an area, when more subscribers would join if they did every cab, i've read a section on this on BT's community forums and one exscuse was your cabinet might not be compatible with BT infinity.
!!WHAT!!! ? will it explode if you tried to connect it? the last thing i thought would create a digital divide would be BT itself. i would be facinated as to the real reasons why openreach exclude certain areas. {economics can't be one}
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Mar-12 22:32:58
Print Post

Re: Why do BT fibre only certain cabs?

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by creakycopperline:
I know this might have been answered elsewhere on the forum, but i am perplexed as to why openreach seem only fibre half of an area, when more subscribers would join if they did every cab, i've read a section on this on BT's community forums and one exscuse was your cabinet might not be compatible with BT infinity.
!!WHAT!!! ? will it explode if you tried to connect it? the last thing i thought would create a digital divide would be BT itself. i would be facinated as to the real reasons why openreach exclude certain areas. {economics can't be one}

Economics is the only one. If there aren't enough lines on a cabinet or it's expensive to enable due to ducting problems or excess construction to the extent where it's unlikely for Openreach to get a return on their investment within whatever their threshold time is they won't do it.

It's nothing personal. All about the pounds sterling.
(newbie) Sat 24-Mar-12 22:48:22
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

so it's 512 kbps till i die eh? thank you BT monopoly free to do as we please market.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Sun 25-Mar-12 00:20:42
Print Post

You can move house wink Unless of course it's not economically viable

(newbie) Sun 25-Mar-12 02:50:19
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

and the next owner can enjoy slowdsl, knew this was a BT cronie site.
Standard User IanBB
(learned) Sun 25-Mar-12 03:33:24
Print Post

Why have a go at just BT?

Shouldn't you be asking Virgin as well as to why they have not cabled your area?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Mar-12 06:54:11
Print Post

BT has been a private company working under restrictions to allow competion to grow for close on 30 years now. Why should it provide fibre at a huge loss when the competitors have no interest in these markets.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Mar-12 07:51:10
Print Post

Oh dear ...........

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Mar-12 09:39:01
Print Post

so it's 512 kbps till i die eh? thank you BT monopoly free to do as we please market.
Well it's not a monopoly for you at the moment. Other telcos are free to install their cabinet.

But if it's not economically viable what do you expect BT to do? If they install the cabinet they will make a loss on it and we'll have to carry the cost - in other words we'd be paying for you to have FTTC. I suggest you talk to your council and everyone in your area. See if it's possible to get some additional funding organising. Try and make that cabinet look more viable.

There's really no point getting all personal about it as has already been said. If BT can't afford to do it then likely no-one else can either. It's just economics.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 25-Mar-12 09:52:07
Print Post

and the next owner can enjoy slowdsl, knew this was a BT cronie site.

LOL someone get his/her/its dummy off the floor, bet there the same as the woman i was behind in morrisons yesterday wineing at the manager that the 5p per litre thing they do now and then isnt good value anymore and unless they made it 10p per litre she would go elsewhere. as for slagging off the forums just because you didnt get the answer you wanted AND the first line of your post saying its prob been answered but im to lazy to look, well you aint going to get mates that way.

but because im a nice man i will offer some help for your mega slow connection (even tho i once lived a year in a place where dialup was faster then adsl) try looking here for 10Mbps+........ http://www.toowaydirect.com/

AndyC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to