General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Mon 26-Mar-12 18:43:50
Print Post

ok lets just scream ...........

[link to this post]

The town is now FTTC enabled, but it looks like the estate I am on has been missed or ignored. I know we have virgin cable on the estate, but virgin did not come down my street. there are a lot of SKY users, so I assume the estate is full of sky llu and virgin lines so for BT it may not look like a good deal to enable. That said ahhhhhhhhh we have been missed.

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Mar-12 19:05:06
Print Post

Re: ok lets just scream ...........

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Yuk!

What was showing for your postcode?

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Mar-12 21:46:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by iand:
The town is now FTTC enabled, but it looks like the estate I am on has been missed or ignored. I know we have virgin cable on the estate, but virgin did not come down my street. there are a lot of SKY users, so I assume the estate is full of sky llu and virgin lines so for BT it may not look like a good deal to enable. That said ahhhhhhhhh we have been missed.

Welcome to my world ! frown

Or do you mean the *exchange* has been enabled? It can take months before even 80% of the town's cabinets are enabled after the exchange goes live.

In my case, two cabs in the town are not yet FTTC'd - and yep, mine is one of them. :-/

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User creakycopperline
(learned) Mon 26-Mar-12 22:27:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

So this is what it's going to be like a 2 speed britain? postcode lotto. just like the health service.

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:29:17
Print Post

[re: creakycopperline] [link to this post]

How about you don't hijack threads.

We dont mind opinions, and accept that with debate there will be two or more facets to them, but you appear to be trying to post simply to start arguments as oppossed to a debate.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User creakycopperline
(learned) Wed 28-Mar-12 00:39:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

lol hijack, so stating what the future of the broadband map is going to be is now considered hijacking?
i am merly expressed what more vocal members of this forum {some names i can't remember} have been trying in vein to explain to you naysayers, that with the infrastructure in the hands of openreach, and i know VM aren't innocent in all this, is that we will end up with a broadband 2nd class citizens. i know it sounds far fetched, but do you seriously expect openreach will tie up all the lose ends once it's infinity project is over?
cyberdoyles idea that everyone should be provided with a 1gb capable line is ludicrous, 25 or 30 is more reasonable. i know south korea is planning to upgrade to 1gbps by the end of the year, because that's due to gouvernment investment, something bduk could learn from. plus people are paying for speeds they aren't getting pay £35 pm for 20 meg, when you are only getting 5, it's even cheaper in S KOREA.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 28-Mar-12 08:42:07
Print Post

"people are paying for speeds they aren't getting pay £35 pm for 20 meg, when you are only getting 5"

The only people who think are doing that are the ones that can't comprehend a simple phrase such as "up to". These seem to correlate to the people who think they shouild be entitled to purchase a Ferrari for the price of a Hyundai.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Mar-12 09:19:39
Print Post

Given Infinity is not an Openreach project then I don't expect anything.
Start your own discussion thread, don't jump into other peoples conversations.

As for me being a naysayer, I suggest you read more of what I post and discuss, both here, news and on the wider internet and at meetings.

UK has has two teir or more internet since the first day it was switched on, and the same with every other country, including South Korea and Japan.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Wed 28-Mar-12 20:24:49
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I think I am in the same situation. but why is it always my street that gets missed?

Its not as it we are getting fantastic BB frown

Anyone know what can be done to persuade openreach to enable the estate. Anyone know what actually works.

IanD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Mar-12 22:07:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by iand:
Anyone know what actually works.
Money, or a senior management position in somewhere in the BT Group.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to