General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaba
(newbie) Tue 27-Mar-12 18:31:34
Print Post

Options for sub 15Mb connections

[link to this post]

Our cabinet has just been FTTC enabled. Trouble is it 1 to 2 km away from our village.
Some of us are able to get >15Mb speed estimates on the BTW checker. But two thirds of the houses only show slower speed estimates of 9 to 14.
These sub 15Mb speeds are a lot better than the 1Mb or so that most get at the moment.
So what are our options on our Market 1 exchange - SMBWY. In other words which ISP will be prepared to provide some sort of Broadband over fibre at sub Infinity qualification speeds ?
Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Tue 27-Mar-12 19:04:03
Print Post

Re: Options for sub 15Mb connections

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

There are quite a few incuding BT. I am in a similar postion and use ADSL24.

The speeds quoted are estimates and you will find that the speed will be quicker than that quoted.

A few of the members on this site compiled a very comprehensive spreadsheet with the isp's offering FTTC,

FTTC Spreadsheet

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 27-Mar-12 23:20:08
Print Post

As NuttyMucker says, BT have a sub-15Mbps FTTC product. They just don't call it Infinity and don't shout about it. So Infinity looks artificially fast frown. I'm not sure what it is called now, as they have re-jigged their products, but it used to be called Option 3 with Fibre.

NuttyMucker also mentioned ADSL24. See also this page. I'm fairly sure some of the others will do it as well, such as vivaciti.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Mar-12 13:53:46
Print Post

As others mentioned we can do this no problem at all. Just place an order on our website as normal. Please note that the 10Mb upload option is not available if the downstream estimation is <15Mbps, but we are able to modify it to 10Mb once it goes live, if the downstream is actually higher than 15Mb.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Mar-12 15:31:02
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
As others mentioned we can do this no problem at all. Just place an order on our website as normal. Please note that the 10Mb upload option is not available if the downstream estimation is <15Mbps, but we are able to modify it to 10Mb once it goes live, if the downstream is actually higher than 15Mb.
James?
Can you have a look at this thread. The Subject in it is incorrect, basically the problem is he is limited to 2Mbps upstream because the upstream estimate is 1Mbps. Which is clearly rubbish.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User lee111s
(regular) Wed 28-Mar-12 19:18:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
As NuttyMucker says, BT have a sub-15Mbps FTTC product. They just don't call it Infinity and don't shout about it. So Infinity looks artificially fast frown. I'm not sure what it is called now, as they have re-jigged their products, but it used to be called Option 3 with Fibre.

NuttyMucker also mentioned ADSL24. See also this page. I'm fairly sure some of the others will do it as well, such as vivaciti.

Faster total broadband it's called these days smile
Standard User Michael_Chare
(committed) Wed 28-Mar-12 21:38:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
As others mentioned we can do this no problem at all.
What is the lowest speed that your would connect?

Michael Chare
Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Mar-12 21:54:35
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

As long as the wholesale checker shows FTTC is available, and it will at anything down to 2Mb upwards, we can accept an order for.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
Standard User jaba
(newbie) Sun 01-Apr-12 21:10:34
Print Post

Thanks for the replies. Having had a look at who can provide a connection I think for me it is between ADSL24 and Plusnet as both confirm acceptance of an order at sub 15Mb speeds.
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Tue 03-Apr-12 18:10:38
Print Post

If you have any questions about our service please do just ask and I'll advise.

James
ADSL24 Broadband

Edited by Adsl24 (Tue 03-Apr-12 18:20:30)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to