General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Stoo
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 19:18:49
Print Post

EALOW - conflicting information and/or a dodgy database?

[link to this post]

After my initial joy over my local cab being upgraded, and either operational or well on it's way (Cab in, Power in, ties back to PCP done etc...), I'm a little confused about the mixed messages I'm getting from various sources.

The leaked December rollout and the infinity site both claim June 2012 RFS.

Talk-talk however claim July 2012 as the go-live, Openreach's "superfast" site now claims March 2012 as the go-live (it previously matched the infinity site's June 2012 date), but the wholesale checker Zen use has no information at all, so Zen are saying that my cabinet won't be going live for at least 12-18months?!?

Any ideas? (Yes, I know - sit and wait etc etc, but it's a puzzle I want to solve!)
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Tue 27-Mar-12 20:16:38
Print Post

Re: EALOW - conflicting information and/or a dodgy database?

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

March and June dates are placeholders for work, move every 3 months if the work is not completed.

Your exchange has a RFS date set : 01/06/2012, will not see cabs go live till July at the earliest, unless the date is moved forward (10 cabs is the minimum live amount).

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Stoo
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:15:31
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Yup, I get that, but what I don't get is how there is different information being displayed pretty much everywhere..

Openreach superfast = date moved from June 2012 to March 2012

RFS dates etc = June 2012

BT Wholesale (ISP level) checker = no information = 12months + until go-live

BT Wholesale dslchecker = no info (ADSL only)

Talk Talk = July 2012

I'm sure it can't be far off 10 cabs complete already - I know of 4 nearby which have been installed with power and tie cables to the PCPs. (spotted openreach putting the ties in the 4th cab Yesterday)

I presume Talk-talk are making a guess with their system - RFS + 1month..

I find it interesting that the superfast site brought the date forward 3 months but none of the others have shifted yet.

Zen sent me a screenshot of their internal tool, which shows mostly the same information as the wholesale checker, but it does apparently show a little more information if available. Unfortunately the customer service agent mentioned that my "local telephone cabinet does not currently have a scheduled enablement date from Openreach, which means that Fibre Broadband is unlikely to be available to you in the next 12-18 months.", which contradicts all of the available information so far..

Messy, very messy..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 21:38:31
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

Yep, it's all very messy. There's so many unknowns that they can't give specific dates, could be ducts blocked, planning issues etc. Would be good if there was some information available for each cabinet, but I'd guess BT don't want to spend money on making and maintaining a database of progress for the whole country, especially when that money could be better used installing more cabinets

We have a Sam Knows RFS date of 1-03-2012, Superfast where and when states March 2012 and has not changed. But the only checker that says anything about FTTC is Talk Talk, and that states July

Standard User Stoo
(regular) Tue 27-Mar-12 22:45:52
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Sounds like a similar situation then, I'm hoping it'll be before June/July - I'm out of the country for most of June!
  Print Thread

Jump to