General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TheValk
(learned) Fri 30-Mar-12 14:35:42
Print Post

[link to this post]

My exchange, due to go live in March has just changed status to 'Accepting Orders' according to

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

However, my ISP and BT themselves claim that it won't be live until the end of June!
Is this likely or is there a delay between going live and actually accepting orders from customers?
If so , how long is it likely to be before I can place my order?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 30-Mar-12 14:36:56
Print Post

Re: Status: Accepting Orders?

[re: TheValk] [link to this post]

The accepting orders can mean just one cabinet is live, so you need to use the BT Wholesale telephone checker too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lee111s
(regular) Fri 30-Mar-12 14:49:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The accepting orders can mean just one cabinet is live, so you need to use the BT Wholesale telephone checker too

10 cabinets are required to be ready before an exchange is set to accepting orders.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lexden16
(regular) Fri 30-Mar-12 15:15:04
Print Post

My cabinet date went from 31 Dec 11 to 31 March and then to 30 Jun 12. A day after the latest slip, the Checker showed that my cabinet has been enabled and I have an engineer coming in 12 days time to do the install. I have been walking past the cabinet for months but I must have missed the final link in the chain. As Bruce would say ' you just have to keep on Checking on the BT Checker'. Funny way to do business though.
Standard User driz
(learned) Fri 30-Mar-12 17:14:48
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Mine was schedule for June 2011. Now estimated as June 2012.

Sadface.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 30-Mar-12 17:16:14
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Onus is very much on the retail providers to monitor the updates from Openreach and then market service to customers

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Adsl24
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Mar-12 18:54:15
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Not always the case. Our exchange was live after just 3 cabs were enabledback in July last year. Only 10 are enabled still with the rest still outstanding even now...

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Fri 30-Mar-12 18:55:05)

Standard User TheValk
(learned) Fri 30-Mar-12 20:57:16
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

I'm with ADSL24 so I trust that they will keep an eye on the Exchange situation as will I.
My postcode is NR19 1ES and my CAB seems to be number 5 which has been enabled and I get a projected speed calculation from the BT site which seems to suggest they are close to opening for business.

Hopefully that will be sooner than the end of June!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 30-Mar-12 21:32:25
Print Post

How do you know it is "enabled"? The spreadsheet doesn't help, as FTTC Deployed = Yes just means it is scheduled.

Some people have had theirs humming away happily to itself for months. "Enabled" in my book means available for orders, and from what you say yours isn't.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User TheValk
(learned) Fri 30-Mar-12 22:40:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How do you know it is "enabled"? The spreadsheet doesn't help, as FTTC Deployed = Yes just means it is scheduled.

You mean the Cabinet or the Exchange?

The fibre cabinet has been there for quite a while and has had the attention of Openreach on quite a few occasions in the last couple of weeks so I am pretty sure it is good to go.

The exchange has been on the 'Coming Soon' list at http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/ with a completion date of March 2012 until today when it became 'Accepting Orders' from this morning so I suspect that means the Exchange is enabled?

That is all I have but I can only assume that means that it is ready for lift off and the paperwork has yet to go through... perhaps... probably.... I hope. :-]
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to