General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Wed 04-Apr-12 20:55:07
Print Post

Cabinet info?

[link to this post]

I asked the below question in not spots & slow spots section and had a reply- to post your postcode in the Fibre section of the forum and someone will look up the cabinet info for you.If any one can help that would be great. Post code is PE344DG.

Many thanks

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/notspot/t/4109545-e...
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 04-Apr-12 21:25:28
Print Post

Re: Cabinet info?

[re: stevo69] [link to this post]

Howdy,

You are on cabinet 48, but Openreach are not upgrading this one I'm afraid, probably because it's not viable either commercially or technically, usually the former.

Sorry!

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Wed 04-Apr-12 21:49:11
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Just my luck, there is another larger cabinet in the village which has had some underground work done next to it this week,i guess that is where the fibre stops.

Steve.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-12 22:13:15
Print Post

Is there any way to find out how far they running fibre in this direction? The village i live in is called Clenchwarton, and it's on the Kings Lynn exchange.

Thanks Steve.
ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Thu 05-Apr-12 22:29:25
Print Post

The next cab along from you (cab 15 on Main Road near Ferry Road - see http://g.co/maps/6s6j2) is being done, so they are just not going further onwards I'm afraid. Your cab is the only one past cab 15

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-12 22:38:41
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info James, is there any way to find out how many people are connected onto the last cabinet and there locations? I'm thinking maybe if enough people were interested and sign a petition,could this change the decision of Openreach not to run it to the last cabinet.

Grasping at straws!

Steve
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 06-Apr-12 01:27:12
Print Post

These postcodes below all connect to cabinet 48, with 100% of those lines from the postcode going to the cab.

PE344DG
PE344DQ
PE344AD
PE344DP
PE344DL
PE344XJ
PE344AE
PE344AB
PE344AG
PE344AH
PE344AQ
PE344DN
PE344DF
PE344DE
PE344DJ

These 4 postcodes are also connected to cab 48 but only have a % of their lines connected to the cab

PE344AA 44%
PE344DH 50%
PE344EA 65%
PE344AF 71%

If you count the number of properties will get a idea of the numbers as only OR would likely know the amount of lines connected to a cab.
If you can get most residents to register their interest on the OR interest form

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen....

This is the Norfolk Broaband site for their BDUK funds, would also suggest registering on their site and contacting them.

http://sayyestobroadband.co.uk/

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-12 20:11:09
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Many thanks for that ccxo,now it's time to work out which houses are in those postcodes and start contacting them (any tips from anyone would be fantastic!) .As the fibre will stop at the other cabinet in the village would we see any increase in speeds or do we have to be connected to that cabinet to get any advantage?

Thanks,Steve.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Sat 07-Apr-12 13:49:51
Print Post

Lines would have to be connected to that cabinet with a Fibre twin to recieve a FTTC service, as for the house's just put the postcodes into google maps and count the houses that way be quite quick and easy.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Sat 07-Apr-12 13:50:16)

Standard User stevo69
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-12 20:59:58
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Thanks again, Steve.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to