General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 12:15:49
Print Post

Life ain't fair

[link to this post]

My parents have already got an ADSL connection far better than they will ever need. I'm just visiting them and find that they have an FTTC cabinet just outside their block of flats.

These are people for whom the 2GB usage allowance is overkill!

BIG SPIT! LOL.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 07-Apr-12 12:18:44
Print Post

Re: Life ain't fair

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

You'll just have to put it down to being part of life's rich pattern smile

I've always had pings that some people would kill for, and I'm not interested in gaming!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 07-Apr-12 15:26:50
Print Post

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it with better broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 11:50:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That's true!

I max out my 40/10 connection, and had high hopes for 80/20; but I cannot get any more. Thank goodness for the trial. I think that as speeds are going higher and higher, the time has come for people to have a trial on the next speed up to see if it will benefit them, if they are thinking of upgrading.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User techguy
(committed) Sun 08-Apr-12 13:21:56
Print Post

I can get Fibire to the premises where I am (that's 100 Meg broadband for the same price as FTTC).

Trouble is I think all providers are charging way too much for it at the moment.

It's lower maintenance than copper so why the hell did we bother with ADSL anyway.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
  Print Thread

Jump to