General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 08-Apr-12 10:52:50
Print Post

PCPs that aren't cabinets

[link to this post]

Do such things exist, or are they classed as SCPs (secondary) ?

I ask because I know areas (villages) without cabinets but clearly have "something" other than a line all the way back to the exchange. In one case the "something" lives under a couple of manhole covers in the middle of an A road.

If the Openreach guy has to dive into such a thing to connect another line or resolve a fault, does it present an opportunity to interconnect to a VDSL cabinet ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 10:59:49
Print Post

Re: PCPs that aren't cabinets

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

An SCP is just that Phil, another smaller cab, often no more than 200 pairs, splitting up again on it's path to the DP's. Quite a few of the smaller ones round this way, have now been replaced by a simple underground 100 pair joint.

I ask because I know areas (villages) without cabinets but clearly have "something" other than a line all the way back to the exchange. In one case the "something" lives under a couple of manhole covers in the middle of an A road.

A Gfeller maybe, but I really thought they were a thing of the past ? Most likely just a big old joint.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 08-Apr-12 11:13:04
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

thanks, just up the road from me is one of those little concrete pillar things which I think houses a joint where the underground cable from the PCP cab at the top of the village becomes an overhead distribution cable for the last row of houses.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User partial
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-12 11:30:10
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

That's prolly a lightning protection point.
  Print Thread

Jump to