General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jonstatt
(regular) Wed 11-Apr-12 17:40:18
Print Post

BT Speedtester 38.72 and 38.71 IP profiles

[link to this post]

No, I am not being picky about a 0.01 profile change, but I was very curious about it!

So originally I had a 38.72 profile on Infinity (accoridng to speedtester), which I understand is the maximum on the 40/10 service.

Recently it has changed to 38.71. I have noticed other posters list this as their profile too while others are still getting 38.72.

Can I really be connecting at 39998 instead of 39999 which would indeed cause the profile to round down instead of up? Surely that would be a very slim coincidence for that to happen?!

I just wondered it this tiny 0.01 difference revealed something else has changed somewhere.....

By the way, resetting the modem results in a consistent , identical profile everytime of 38.71 now.
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 11-Apr-12 17:42:54
Print Post

Re: BT Speedtester 38.72 and 38.71 IP profiles

[re: jonstatt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jonstatt:
Can I really be connecting at 39998 instead of 39999 which would indeed cause the profile to round down instead of up?

Yes!

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 11-Apr-12 17:46:02
Print Post

Re: BT Speedtester 38.72 and 38.71 IP profiles

[re: jonstatt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jonstatt:
I just wondered it this tiny 0.01 difference revealed something else has changed somewhere.....
Yes, 80/20 is available.

______________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to