General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User joemolomo
(newbie) Fri 13-Apr-12 21:32:35
Print Post

No Line Installed

[link to this post]

Hi, Brighouse exchange was upgraded to FTTC last month, cabs seem to be getting upgraded slowly. Do the BT line checkers still work if there is not a line installed to the property or is it based more on the postcode for the whole area. I'm not living at the house at the moment as i'm doing it up, virgin was installed previously but I would prefer to use BT for phone and when available FTTC/P, could anyone tell me when my cab might get upgraded, there is 4 green cabs of various sizes at the end of the road(look old style). Postcode is HD6 1TE number 9.

Thanks
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Fri 13-Apr-12 22:25:04
Print Post

Re: No Line Installed

[re: joemolomo] [link to this post]

your postcode doesnt appear to be listed on the PCP to postcode list. Also no mention on the BT wholesale postcode checker.

Maybe your cab is not due to receive FTTC, they dont do every cab on an exchange

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
DrayTek 2850 VN

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 13-Apr-12 22:33:34
Print Post

Re: No Line Installed

[re: joemolomo] [link to this post]

Not good frown (as at December 2011 data for HD6 1TE).

86% are Exchange Only, no chance of FTTC. Rumour has it maybe FTTP some time way ahead.
11% on cabinet 11, phase 6b.
1% on cabinet 8, phase 6b.

But the two "phase 6b" ones look suspect to me, as they are down as FTTP, and that is usually described as being in a Tranch, not a phase. Cabs 4, 5, 6, 14, 19, 20, 23, 24, 28, 32, 42, 43 should be live FTTC I expect. All others are FTTP or not scheduled, with a few of the not scheduled listed as cabinet PE1, which is something no-one has explained yet..

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 13-Apr-12 22:36:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to