General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SueDeNimes
(newbie) Mon 16-Apr-12 12:31:40
Print Post

Constantly moving upgrade dates for last 2 years

[link to this post]

I have been checking the BT Wholesale availability checker for about 2 years now and availability dates seem to slide and slide. Often this happens just days before they were scheduled to go live. The exchange I am on was upgraded very early on in the process. Most recently the BT wholesale checked showed my cabinet as due for upgrade on the 31st of March and then at the start of April that changed to the 31st of June.

There was an issue with a Brighton based group complaining about the installation of the new cabinets. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/06/brighton_bt/

Is there any light anyone can shed on what the potential hold-up on my cabinet is? I don't have a problem with waiting - it is the constant moving of scheduled dates. frown

If I was told this was happening in 2014 I would be fine - I just hate the constant waiting in hope.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Apr-12 15:38:32
Print Post

Re: Constantly moving upgrade dates for last 2 years

[re: SueDeNimes] [link to this post]

Same issue here in Worcester. Exchange is live but 2 years of shifting dates for my particular line.

Turns out the reason is the cabinet is in a conservation area and planning permission was rejected in October 2010. All the surrounding cabinets are live and accepting orders but my one seems stuck in limbo. No idea what will happen next.

Don.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 16-Apr-12 16:10:10
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

BT have probably taken their resources to a less NIMBY area, registering interest / demand on Openreach's superfast site is the only thing I can suggest.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Mon 16-Apr-12 17:12:12
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You need to get in contact with the planning office and find out the reason for rejection, then contact the council and ask for the decsion to be reviewed.
Using public support from the local area, MP local news etc to put pressure for the council to approve the cabinet.

OR may return and enable the cabinet if they get planning approval.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SueDeNimes
(newbie) Mon 16-Apr-12 20:39:39
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I have been trying to check on the council planning site but can't find anything at all.

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1...

Any idea what I should be searching for?
Standard User SueDeNimes
(newbie) Mon 16-Apr-12 20:45:43
Print Post

[re: SueDeNimes] [link to this post]

Just found it

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1...

It seems it was approved in May 2010. Any idea what the hold up is likely to be then?
  Print Thread

Jump to