General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 10:37:12
Print Post

Need Help / Advice on 80/20 Product on Aquiss ?

[link to this post]

Guys i am currently with Aquiss i was on 40/10 with a full sync with speeds always being consistent. i checked my line for the new 80/20 which showed 67/20 so i upgraded. im currenlty getting 40/16 on bt speed test and other testers . My line since upgrade will nto go past 42 down . ive contacted aquiss but they seem to think its okay as im getting 40mb even though im paying them £6 for no change ! any advice would be great im currently not in contract either so would changing provider help ? I did have hacked modem until it was swapped and the stats suggest i could get pretty much full speed as i am only 180m from cab
Standard User aquiss
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Apr-12 11:27:46
Print Post

Re: Need Help / Advice on 80/20 Product on Aquiss ?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Good Morning,

As you know from my replies to you this morning and last night, we are aware of your case, along with 2 other customers. However, as you know from the comments made to you, your BT speedtest results are mainly falling above the assured rate points, therefore making this difficult to raise with BT presently. Where the tests have fallen below, we are still awaiting a TAP 3 test from you, but you know all this via our support tickets.

As as been already explained to you, your line is getting near to full sync, it's the speeds at all times that has been the focus so far. At no point do we accept this is normal, but presently the throughput speeds you are getting should be ok whilst we continue to investigate this with BT. Reading these forums, there are others from other ISPs seeing similar.

As it stands we have had about 30 hours (16 working hours) to investigate your case. Our replies to you have been prompt and as detailed as they can be.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net

Unlimited Family Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/broadband-unlimited.php
(free activation or migration + 2 months free)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-Apr-12 12:13:53
Print Post

What does the BT speed test, (the standard non-beta one), say your IP Profile is?

Also, what expected speed does it give? That is what is an issue for Aquiss, as unless the actual falls below that BT are very reluctant to do anything.

Again, as Aquiss say, there does seem to be a general problem with the 80/20 product. Many people on several ISPs are reporting lower download speeds than before. Upload better. There is something wrong in the BT Wholesale or Openreach system.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 16:46:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I dont have an issue with aquiss they have been one of the best suppliers i have ever had. i in no way mean to be negative against aquiss i was just specifying my supplier. i get that this issue is bt's fault i was just trying to source info from any other users who have had similar issues. i can only praise martin has he has given 110% on my issue .
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-Apr-12 17:10:03
Print Post

smile
I didn't say you had an issue with them. I was just supporting what you had been told.

However, my request for the BT speed test full result is more important. The figures I requested may give a clue.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 18:08:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ill get some snap shots but as you will see theres a invisable barrier on the down stream so its slways around 40 eill uoad after 8pm
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 20-Apr-12 18:46:45
Print Post

Don't need a snapshot. It easier for you, and to read, if you just copy and paste the results of the two text boxes - download and upload. smile

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 21:01:21
Print Post

please see snap shot again down will not go past 40 but up is what you expect for my line profile

http://s713.photobucket
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 21:02:25
Print Post

[IMG]http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/truex360/20...[/IMG]
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 22:23:10
Print Post

please see modem stats

[IMG]http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/truex360/mo...[/IMG]
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to