General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 20-Apr-12 15:17:01
Print Post

Do any FTTC/P towns actually have FTTP yet?

[link to this post]

I would just like to have some idea whether it's being installed, i know a few areas have just FTTP but i've heard nothing about towns where there's a mix of the two, bt/openreach don't provide any information until it's done so it's up to us to track progress.
Standard User Rushmere2012
(newbie) Fri 20-Apr-12 16:19:31
Print Post

Re: Do any FTTC/P towns actually have FTTP yet?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Ashford (LWASH) exchange has a mixture of both - areas with FTTP do not have a new cabinet, however FTTC do have the new cabinet (as far as I can tell)

Annoyed that all the roads surrounding my address went live with FTTP a month ago and yet our road has been omitted! Think its because we live above some shops and do not have a telegraph pole - does anyone know a way I can find out what the delay is?
Standard User bgriffiths
(member) Fri 20-Apr-12 18:21:18
Print Post

Not a town, but a group of 3 villages forming the EAMAD exchange. Two villages are getting FTTC, their cabinets are in, should be taking orders any day. Third village is getting FTTP; fibre is being laid, slow progress due to blocked ducts, replacing / strengthening of poles etc. But it's getting there, hopefully we will be up & running mid year

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Apr-12 19:33:46
Print Post

[re: bgriffiths] [link to this post]

Milton Keynes has a mixture too

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 21-Apr-12 03:32:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The deployment in MK looks like it will expand.

If BT can't deploy a large FTTP network to 30,000+ homes they should give up and forfeit their license.

MK has fibre capable ducts to 70,000 homes and laying fibre should be a core competency for any telecommunications operator which want's to be taken seriously. Please remember MK has NO cable or other service provider. There is zero competition to OR.

Lets also not forget BT deployed fibre in MK in 1982. This is the third attempt in 30 years and they've still only done half a job.

Please ignore BT. Milton Keynes has some of the worst broadband compared to other European towns prior to the implementation of the FTTP trial. The FTTP trial only covered a relatively small area.

Regards,

Anon
Standard User nelix01
(committed) Sat 21-Apr-12 08:30:46
Print Post

Some exchanges in Cornwall are getting a mixture of FTTC/P Truro being one.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Apr-12 09:32:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Please remember MK has NO cable or other service provider. There is zero competition to OR.

yes like many many many other areas.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 97040D 35659U
Sync 39999D 9995U
Attenuation: 9.6 SNR: 22.6
Line Length 300meters
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Apr-12 09:42:09
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Half the UK in fact

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 21-Apr-12 13:59:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So basically very few fttc/p towns actually have the fttp part yet, do openreach even plan on delivering it in a reasonable time frame?

If an fttc/p town is now live with fttc then i would expect openreach to finish the fttp side within six months to a year at most, any longer is horribly unfair to the rest, they can't use fttp as some sort or excuse to delay the rollout for years just because it's still in the minority, if it's so hard or expensive to do they should just give us fttc like the rest of the country and have fttp on demand for those that bothered about it.

Why do they not give us any idea of when it's coming like they do with fttc?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 21-Apr-12 15:46:54
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nelix01:
Some exchanges in Cornwall are getting a mixture of FTTC/P Truro being one.

My Cornish village with FTTC/P has no FTTP at present and only one road in the entire village actually has FTTC at the moment.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to