General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JoeJL
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:03:20
Print Post

Move to fttc will calls transfer ok?

[link to this post]

Ordered an FTTC service from Plusnet. Service includes telephone line rental and calls package. Told by Plusnet migration of calls and rental at a, (two week), later date than fibre service starts will not be a problem. I currently pay BT for line rental, thatís not a problem, but I pay for broadband and calls from Sky - the calls package is an add on to the broadband service, (predates Sky only providing calls with a line rental contract). Question - is is it possible for Sky to disconnect the calls service when the Broadband ceases? Two weeks before BT transfer the rental to Plusnet!. Talking to Plusnet sales told just over two weeks to set up FTTC - then they would start up the transfer of line rental from BT to Plusnet, taking around two weeks notice from start date and on that date the Sky calls would also automatically transfer. Does this seem OK?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:25:32
Print Post

Re: Move to fttc will calls transfer ok?

[re: JoeJL] [link to this post]

Sky may stop their CPS deal, at which point calls will revert to BT billing until your WLR move to Plusnet line rental. broadband migrating to FTTC will not stop a CPS deal working, only if Sky say it should be stopped.

In short you should not end up without a phone service

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 25-Apr-12 23:52:42
Print Post

Re: Move to fttc will calls transfer ok?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

But might he end up an a 12-month BT Retail phone contract?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to