General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User oddsandmods
(newbie) Wed 16-May-12 08:52:36
Print Post

Bt Openreach checker says yes, Sky says no?

[link to this post]

Good Morning,

Start of this week on the Bt Openreach site our site went to "AO" (accepting orders) I rung Sky as I have their LLU service and they said our Area wasn`t Fibre Ready?

My postcode is NR31 6AW if that helps. Is this due to some cabinets being done and some not?

Not sure where my cabinet is, i`ve seen a new one which looks like a Fibre cabinet about 2 streets away..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-May-12 09:00:18
Print Post

Re: Bt Openreach checker says yes, Sky says no?

[re: oddsandmods] [link to this post]

Sky needs to arrange the tie connection between their hardware and the Openreach fibre network, this is most likely what is missing at present

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Wed 16-May-12 09:09:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ok, checking with Plus.net it`s also saying Not Available in many postcodes our exchange covers so possibly BT Openreach being premature on the "AO".

Thanks For your Help

He Who Dares, WIns!

Edited by oddsandmods (Wed 16-May-12 09:20:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Adsl24
(isp) Wed 16-May-12 09:54:22
Print Post

Ignore the Openreach website as it's next to useless in proving FTTC availability on an individual line/address level. It simply shows an exchange is live, rather than if your actual cabinet is live, planned, or not even planned, or if you are on an exchange line.

Basically, it's pants.

You are on cabinet 17 which is planned to get FTTC shortly, but has not gone live yet. Only a few cabinets are already live in your area, but not yours just yet. It's just a case of waiting smile

James
Technical Director, ADSL24

We supply ADSL, ADSL2+, LLU and FTTC VDSL2 services as well as cheap line rental and bundle deals!
Visit our website for the latest offers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(newbie) Wed 16-May-12 14:07:58
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Thank you both for your help, I spoke to the chap at the Hardware shop opposite the cabinet (17) and he said they have been at it past week all the time, says his line is crackling now also but didn`t push him on this lol.

You both have have helped me alot and me more the wiser.

Thank You

He Who Dares, WIns!
Standard User simon194
(regular) Wed 16-May-12 14:24:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by oddsandmods:
Good Morning,

Start of this week on the Bt Openreach site our site went to "AO" (accepting orders) I rung Sky as I have their LLU service and they said our Area wasn`t Fibre Ready?

My postcode is NR31 6AW if that helps. Is this due to some cabinets being done and some not?

Not sure where my cabinet is, i`ve seen a new one which looks like a Fibre cabinet about 2 streets away..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I have the opposite problem, Sky fibre is available in my area but my line isn't ready yet and won't be until 30th June according to BT.

Then I'll probably have to wait until Sky's cheker is updated.

Edited by simon194 (Wed 16-May-12 14:26:23)

Print Thread

Jump to