General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_magicfingers
(newbie) Fri 18-May-12 10:08:32
Print Post

couldn't find my postcode on the spreadsheet

[link to this post]

Hi, I tried searching for my postcode on the spreadsheet, but it comes up empty, can anyone help. I selected 'options' then postcode = ha52el with no gap but it just doesn't bring a result back. My postcode is HA5 2EL, the cabinet I'm connected to at the end of my road is number 70. For the past 2 years they've been saying it's going to be available. I've had BT phone me and ask if I'd like it but when they check they say it's coming within 3 months and would I like regular adsl from them until it does. I always decline as I know that every 3 months the install date gets pushed back another 3 months. I'm wondering if there's any way to find out when the upgrade plan might actually happen.

Thanks,

Justin.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-May-12 10:14:55
Print Post

Re: couldn't find my postcode on the spreadsheet

[re: mr_magicfingers] [link to this post]

Only way to get a timescale is to spot work happening on your cabinet My fibre checker makes it easier to search, than the spreadsheet and says

Results for Postcode HA5 2EL

PostcodeExchangeService TypeProbabilitySpeed IncreasePhaseCabinet
HA52ELPINNERFTTC100%8.555A announced March 2010P70

So if you find cabinet 70, see if any evidence of another cab appearing near to it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mr_magicfingers
(newbie) Fri 18-May-12 10:56:18
Print Post

Re: couldn't find my postcode on the spreadsheet

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for that, very helpful. Guess I just have to keep an eye on the cabinet. Not holding my breath.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to