General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(regular) Fri 18-May-12 11:40:22
Print Post

Cabinet

[link to this post]

Only just found out today from a BT engineer that my line does go too a cabinet and not straight to the exchange as i was told from another BT engineer, FTTC is coming to my exchange in june, how would i know when my cabinet gets upgraded, i know the number of it and where it is located if that is any help?.
Standard User greenglide
(member) Fri 18-May-12 13:01:12
Print Post

Re: Cabinet

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

BT engineers do tend to come out with conflicting views at times.

Have you put your postcode in this checker Fibre Checker
and have you tried the BT Wholesale checker here

The BT checker will tell you when it is "hoped" to be enabled but is just a guess and if the date is reached it just extends it by 3 months.

If your telephone line is not a BT one (unbundled by SKY or TT) then try inputing a neighbours number within the same street.

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-May-12 13:03:55
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Have just integrated the Openreach data covering available, coming soon and future data to give more indicators to people.

Will when I have time look at integrating a telephone number check too.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User greenglide
(member) Fri 18-May-12 13:31:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

And the April spreadsheet data that is mentioned as being seen by a few individuals blushblushblushblushblushblushblush

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-May-12 13:49:37
Print Post

Once I get a copy smile

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tomxlisa
(regular) Fri 18-May-12 19:57:22
Print Post

The fibre checker doesn't say much at all about the cabinets, would this be because FTTC hasn't gone live at my exchange yet, this is due to happen in june?.
Standard User R0NSKI
(member) Sat 19-May-12 08:16:42
Print Post

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

The BT Wholesale checker will not always mention FTTC, my works telephone number results says what speed we can expect and that it should go live in June, but my home number on a different exchange says nothing about FTTC, even though the cabinets been in for around 3 months.

April data, any links yet????

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-May-12 09:30:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by greenglide:
Have you put your postcode in this checker Fibre Checker

That checker (Mr S's?) says...
Where cabinets/fibre have been installed orders are being accepted, you can check with your telephone number at the BT Wholesale Checker.

The cabinet has been in place since early March and it appears to be powered which I've read here appears to usually be the last step - it's on a noisy road so I can't hear any hum but an LCD proximity mains tester shows there is power to the cabinet.

I don't have a BT line and the BT wholesale postcode checker doesn't mention fibre nor does the number checker for one neighbours BT line but another slightly further up the road on the same postcode does as does one in the neighbouring postcode going towards the cab.

If it is RFS how long would it normally be before the backoffice data gets that info?

I tried calling BT. Couldn't get past the "Computer says no" stage. I suppose eventually it will be updated but lord only knows when. Very disappointing.

Edited by kwikbreaks (Sat 19-May-12 11:03:53)

Print Thread

Jump to