General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 11:57:27
Print Post

Moving to AAISP but have Phone Co-op line

[link to this post]

Have been having problems getting FTTC installed by OR (through AAAISP - see earlier thread). I currently have Be LLU with phone calls and line through the Phone Co-op, and got the MAC to transfer broadband. Now I've had a call froom the Phone Co-op saying I cannot transfer the broadband without transfering the calls part. I can't get through to A&A to findd out.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-May-12 12:04:51
Print Post

Re: Moving to AAISP but have Phone Co-op line

[re: chrisadsl] [link to this post]

If the phone and broadband is a bundle then contractually they are allowed to do this - the Phone Co-op that is.

Do you know if its full LLU or partial? Be Wholesale LLU is usually partial, so the phone is a WLR, in which case it is a contractual rather than technical issue.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 12:08:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If the phone and broadband is a bundle then contractually they are allowed to do this - the Phone Co-op that is.

Do you know if its full LLU or partial? Be Wholesale LLU is usually partial, so the phone is a WLR, in which case it is a contractual rather than technical issue.

It's not a bundle: I switched to Be LLU for broadband, and the Phone Co-op for calls, at different times.

Edit: Be in 2007 (from BT), Phone Co-op in 2009.

How do I find out if it's full LLU or partial?

Edited by chrisadsl (Mon 28-May-12 12:10:30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-May-12 12:16:42
Print Post

"Now I've had a call froom the Phone Co-op saying I cannot transfer the broadband without transfering the calls part"

Which does not explain, what you said originally. How did phone co-op know about the bb move?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 12:21:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
"Now I've had a call froom the Phone Co-op saying I cannot transfer the broadband without transfering the calls part"

Which does not explain, what you said originally. How did phone co-op know about the bb move?

They said OR had contacted them.

I assumed A&A would have visibility of my Co-op line and would have raised any concerns when I ordered.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 12:44:03
Print Post

Are you on a WBC enabled exchange? (might help if you can provide the exchange you are connected with, if not that, your post code).

I'm not sure what to suggest. My thoughts are:

1) You might be on full LLU (I don't know how to verify this) and a cease re-provide is required to re-provision the broadband with the new provider, much like what I have seen with Sky customers who want to move back to BT based broadband (the migration is one way only, moving back requires a stop/start).

2) I see no reason why the move concerns or has any impact on Co-Op. They have been charging you for calls and line rental, passing the line rental charge back to BT. All you are doing is moving broadband to a different provider. Though as MrSaffron has said, maybe there is some contractual reason. Though the fact you've been with them using Be LLU broadband obviously hasn't bothered them, so why they are kicking up a fuss now about your broadband move, I'm not sure.

3) You've not detailed if you are moving to a BT backhaul or BE Wholesale connection, with AA. I guess this doesn't really matter but it might matter the ISP side with how the migration is dealt with on the back end.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Mon 28-May-12 12:45:40)

Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 12:50:54
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
Are you on a WBC enabled exchange? (might help if you can provide the exchange you are connected with, if not that, your post code).

I'm not sure what to suggest. My thoughts are:

1) You might be on full LLU (I don't know how to verify this) and a cease re-provide is required to re-provision the broadband with the new provider, much like what I have seen with Sky customers who want to move back to BT based broadband (the migration is one way only, moving back requires a stop/start).

2) I see no reason why the move concerns or has any impact on Co-Op. They have been charging you for calls and line rental, passing the line rental charge back to BT. All you are doing is moving broadband to a different provider. Though as MrSaffron has said, maybe there is some contractual reason. Though the fact you've been with them using Be LLU broadband obviously hasn't bothered them, so why they are kicking up a fuss now about your broadband move, I'm not sure.

3) You've not detailed if you are moving to a BT backhaul or BE Wholesale connection, with AA. I guess this doesn't really matter but it might matter the ISP side with how the migration is dealt with on the back end.

Yes it's a 21CN WBC exchange (Cheltenham)

Your 2) describes how I believed the situation stood, hence my surprise at the PC call.

For 3): I know that A&A offer ADSL over Be or BT, but their FTTC simply says 'BT FTTC'.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 12:59:43
Print Post

Definitely try and speak with AA - there are too many unknowns so far to say for certain what is going on.

So you are moving to BT FTTC with AA then? This is interesting. I say this because a work colleague has recently disclosed (and I didn't realise this was possible) that he has a TalkTalk line+calls with BT Infinity on top (80Mb FTTC). Which seems to suggest that it is perfectly possible to still keep Co-Op, but they, for what ever reason, are not allowing you to.

And there is still the mystery of how Co-Op found out about the broadband switch, because as MrSaffron says, it has nothing to do with them.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Mon 28-May-12 13:01:36)

Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Mon 28-May-12 13:30:34
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

One of the reasons for not going with Infinity was I didn't want to be obliged to move line rental and calls to BT! Maybe OR are making the assumption that I'm taking Infinity: that was what the engineer did when he came to the house - expected to see Home Hub.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-May-12 14:16:26
Print Post

OR has no right informing the calls provider.

Engineer would have expected a HomeHub because some 550,000 out of the 560,000 installs have been with Infinity, i.e. other providers dont sell much.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to