General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-May-12 23:34:17
Print Post

Fibre RFS date changed

[link to this post]

I just had a email from a friend of mine, she noticed on Sam knows today that fibre RFS date have changed from the end of June tot he start of June, i lokked and she is right. but I seem very little movement, around at the moment and according to her BT still says at the end of the month.

do the RFS just mean the Exchange?

i know she is going to get fibre as soon as it is available as her ADSL is awful, so we got excited when she saw the date change, but not so much when Bt website said nope.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 31-May-12 23:43:42
Print Post

Re: Fibre RFS date changed

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

had the same myself mine was the end of sep now it's the beginning
Standard User izools
(experienced) Thu 31-May-12 23:54:36
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
I just had a email from a friend of mine, she noticed on Sam knows today that fibre RFS date have changed from the end of June tot he start of June, i lokked and she is right. but I seem very little movement, around at the moment and according to her BT still says at the end of the month.

do the RFS just mean the Exchange?

i know she is going to get fibre as soon as it is available as her ADSL is awful, so we got excited when she saw the date change, but not so much when Bt website said nope.

Yes, RFS just refers to the exchange. The exchange will show as live when only a couple of cabinets are live, then you will see more going live over the following months / year smile

BT Infinity #2 - 8.7MBps via P2P ¦ Full 80/20 Sync ¦
BT / Openreach - You've finally done well. Very well indeed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Moradin
(member) Fri 01-Jun-12 07:36:28
Print Post

[re: izools] [link to this post]

Someone posted that it was 10 cabs ready, before an exchange goes live..

no idea if true or not....

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 01-Jun-12 08:32:08
Print Post

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

Have you checked the BT order checker?
On all the Openreach/samknows sites it said that our exchange is RFS 30th June (similiar to yourselves I guess), but BT/sky/talktalk etc. all say that we can place an order and it's available now - we've been able to go through to order for about 3 weeks already. We haven't ordered with anyone yet as we're checking deals and trying to sort out amongst the magnitude of packages we've already got! Very tempted by Sky Fibre Pro though but not being able to order through their website is putting us off at the moment.

The work was done on installing the cabinets at the end of March/beginning of April. I haven't seen anyone working on the cabinets since (I can see our cabinet from my bedroom window est. 80/20 for me), so I don't know if anyone has placed orders and been activated yet.
Standard User simon194
(regular) Fri 01-Jun-12 08:38:56
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Have you checked the BT order checker?
On all the Openreach/samknows sites it said that our exchange is RFS 30th June (similiar to yourselves I guess), but BT/sky/talktalk etc. all say that we can place an order and it's available now - we've been able to go through to order for about 3 weeks already. We haven't ordered with anyone yet as we're checking deals and trying to sort out amongst the magnitude of packages we've already got! Very tempted by Sky Fibre Pro though but not being able to order through their website is putting us off at the moment.

The work was done on installing the cabinets at the end of March/beginning of April. I haven't seen anyone working on the cabinets since (I can see our cabinet from my bedroom window est. 80/20 for me), so I don't know if anyone has placed orders and been activated yet.

Are you an existing Sky Broadband customer? If not you can phone up and order Fibre Pro. According to the Sky Help Forums Fibre Pro should be available to exisitng Sky BB subscribers around mid-June.
Standard User arfster
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jun-12 15:16:58
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Same for me, was 31/6, today samknows changed to 1/6.

They haven't done any of the cabs though - they had all the permissions from the council, multiple roadworks planned over the last few months, but nothing happened.
Standard User CurlyWhirly
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Jun-12 15:31:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
had the same myself mine was the end of sep now it's the beginning

Same here !

I would think that it's good news ?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 01-Jun-12 17:13:02
Print Post

[re: CurlyWhirly] [link to this post]

I hope so
Standard User stephen79
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-Jun-12 22:32:11
Print Post

Same for me too, was 30/6, but changed on samknows two days ago (30th may) to 1/6. My cab was done yesterday, hardly noticed a difference tbh, the markings were to the left but it was a straight replacement. Looks like the old cab but slightly bigger, no vents. No power to it yet.

Nothing showing as even coming soon on BT wholesale
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ shows June
Talktalks checker say July

BTInternet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to