General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 02:27:50
Print Post

TP-Link TL-WR2543ND Dual-Band Wireless-N Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi,

Anybody any experience with this bit of kit?

Thanks in advance.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 08:53:05
Print Post

Re: TP-Link TL-WR2543ND Dual-Band Wireless-N Fibre Broadband

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

I've seen good reports on them but the snag is they are not simultaneous dual band so unless all your wifi kit is 5GHz there isn't much point in having it IMO.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 10:03:45
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Tp-link seems to be the up and coming company at the moment. a mate got a TP link ADsl router and it seems to work better than the big brand ones he have sued, i just got myself a TP-link gigabit 5 port switch and while it feels a bit chepa because it was cheap it works like a dream.

If I was getting a router either VDSL or ADSL i think I would certainly have a look at TP-link.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 11:04:53
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
i just got myself a TP-link gigabit 5 port switch and while it feels a bit chepa because it was cheap it works like a dream.

I've had one of those for several years now and never had any problems with it at all. If I were in the market for a new router I'd certainly be looking at what TP-Link had to offer. It's just that the one mentioned only offers a choice between 2.4 and 5GHz and to be really useful a router needs to offer both simultaneously.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 11:30:23
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

ahh, I see. Not really a issue with me as i want to go away from wi-fi, well inside the house anyway.

Adrian

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Jun-12 11:35:58
Print Post

Thanks for the replies.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User RapsterUK
(newbie) Sun 03-Jun-12 22:01:32
Print Post

Tp-link seems to be the up and coming company at the moment.

I've been using TP-Link stuff for approximately 8 years. They're only new-ish in this country. I came back to England 2 years ago after living and working in Europe, mostly Poland, for nearly 7 years. I was in Poland about a year before I heard about TP-Link. I purchased a TP-Link switch, cannot remember the specification, for about £7. I had that little thing running for 2.5 years non-stop and it was fantastic, not a single hiccup. Must admit, I had forgot I was even using it as it was hidden away behind an array of servers on its own power circuit! Great little piece of kit! Since then, I've had all sorts of stuff from them and can safely say that for the money, they surpass any company on what they offer. Buy one of their routers for £30 and see the options offered. You'd never find those options, at that price point, on a Netgear, et al. I've also never had a single problem with any of their kit, maybe lucky, because NO company has 100% zero faults, but have always been happy with the performance.

Just my tuppence-worth...
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jun-12 10:34:36
Print Post

ahh, I see. Not really a issue with me as i want to go away from wi-fi, well inside the house anyway.

If WiFi isn't especially important then single band is probably the way to go as it will be cheaper. Not worth going none at all as I doubt that would be cheaper due to lower sales volume and there will always be a chance WiFi will be wanted for something at some point.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Jun-12 12:35:39
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

If WiFi isn't especially important then single band is probably the way to go as it will be cheaper. Not worth going none at all as I doubt that would be cheaper due to lower sales volume and there will always be a chance WiFi will be wanted for something at some point.

i think wi-fi is too slow and have too many problems, so if I can put all the fixed products on Ethernet, things should work better.

Looking at getting this one i know it is just a router and not a ADSl router, but My netgear ADSl router can act as a standalone modem due to third party firmware.

the router would then be here for what ever I decide to do broadband wise, either go fibre or go for this local wireless point to point service.

i don't really need a gigabit lan, 100Mb/s will do the job.

I will have a better look later, got to do some more gardening

Adrian

Standard User schander
(learned) Wed 06-Jun-12 12:40:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

i think wi-fi is too slow and have too many problems, so if I can put all the fixed products on Ethernet, things should work better.

Looking at getting this one i know it is just a router and not a ADSl router, but My netgear ADSl router can act as a standalone modem due to third party firmware.

the router would then be here for what ever I decide to do broadband wise, either go fibre or go for this local wireless point to point service.

i don't really need a gigabit lan, 100Mb/s will do the job.

I will have a better look later, got to do some more gardening

Just bought one of those (TL-WR1042ND), from ebay (30quid). using it with and old Zyxel, 660hw, acting as adsl bridge, so logging in via PPPoE from the tp-link. Great little router. I have installed openwrt on.

I didn't know that the WR2543ND didn't do 2.4 &5 at the same time.

Satpal
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to